Overplayed Songs

One from a few years ago but 'Beautiful Day' by U2 took ubiquity to new levels. It was on every radio station, every TV programme, every trailer, every fucking 5 mins. By law. Or perhaps it just felt like that.
I hope A-Ha got half the money given it was a rip-off of one of their songs anyway. Thieving cunts.

RP2 said:
XFM or a CD for me - but when the kids are in the car they stick on "Now That's What I Call a Radio Station", or "Capital" for short...... 3 songs from the latest NOW album, 5 minutes adverts, 3 songs from the latest NOW album, 5 minutes adverts..... etc. fucking etc.

I'll swear its on a fu*ckin loop........

Fast forward 3 months, and it has to be ''Fairytale of New York'', with honourable mentions for Wizzard, Mud, Wham, Mariah Carey (though she does own mitigating factors!), Band Aid, John Lennon, Greg Lake (great song though!) etc etc. Repeat and rinse, to infinity and beyond.

Any song that is ever played on key 103 I immediately have a serious dislike toward.
I also can't stand these 40 odd year old D.J's trying to tell me that the new repetitive as fuck song by whatever auto tuned woman that happens to be flavour of the week is the tune of the decade! NO it's fucking not! and you know it's not, stop lying to yourself and fuck off.

TangerineSteve17 said:
Can't listen to Sweet Child of Mine anymore after virgin radio played it to death years ago. Same with a couple of Jam songs.

Worst thing about when they play Sweet Child Of Mine, it's usually the shortened version......what the fook!!

True Faith by New Order

What a fantastic song.......fantastically overplayed by Radio Stations - if only they knew how many top songs New Order have

ctidcarl said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Can't listen to Sweet Child of Mine anymore after virgin radio played it to death years ago. Same with a couple of Jam songs.

Worst thing about when they play Sweet Child Of Mine, it's usually the shortened version......what the fook!!

True Faith by New Order

What a fantastic song.......fantastically overplayed by Radio Stations - if only they knew how many top songs New Order have

Oh yeah, that's definitely overplayed. Crystal is never played it seems, but maybe I'm on the wrong stations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.