Overseas blues

stockholm blue syndrome

Seems that their are quite a few blues from around the globe on this site, so i thought i could start a thread on where your from and how did you start supporting City
Starting with myself-
I live in Stockholm, Sweden.Born in Stockport and moved 20 yrs ago supported city probably because i became a glory hunter at the age of 5 when we were cup winners cup champions and hero worshipped Franny Lee

Born Cheadle Hulme. Was genetically programmed to be a Blue and certainly never had a choice in the matter, not that I'm complaining.

Moved to Bangkok when I was 21 (in 2002) and then moved to Dubai on the day of the World Cup Final in 2006 (my first night was meant to be watching England win the World Cup. It didn't quite work out like that!).

supporting City since I saw them play in Limerick when Alan Ball was manager, beat Limerick FC 3-0 with Quinny getting on the scoresheet. I was very young at the time and Quinny was a bit of an idol of mine. My Dad's mate was a blue so we went to the game, the blue bug bit,

we went to meet the team in the hotel afterwards. Met the great Alan Ball!.. he was a top bloke. We even met Quinny who was also a top bloke.

Brought up in North Manchester, a City fan for 40 years. For the last seven years I've been living in Hamburg, Germany. I try and make it to as many matches as I can each season courtesy of Air Berlin and Ryan Air and I'll be there on Saturday..

Born and bred in North East Scotland and have been supporting Man City for over 30 years since the time i bought a Man City football pennant in a shop in Blackpool while on holiday. Have moved over to Argentina at the start of the year but still try and get down to a game when my work gets me in the UK. My younger brother has been brought up to support them as well and we have both been regular visitors when work allows.
Just like to say hello to everyone on here as this is my first post but have been regularly reading the posts on here and like what i have seen so thought i would sign up.
Cheers

born in stockport but moved to australia in 1974 mum was a rag fan and dressed me in red kit but two of my uncles were blues and just to piss mum off kept giving me city gear thank fully i was hooked on the blues and have been since

born Fallowfield '55(i was there in '68)then moved to posh Wythenshawe in my teens...followed city all over the country in the days when you could hitchike without getting your underwear rummaged!!
Generally based in south manchester until 3 years ago..now re-located in western France where i'm well pissed off; after supporting city for 40 years we are now on the crest of a wave and i'm beached over here!!
However I have a cunning plan.

Born in Ardwick and went to my 1st game with one of my Uncles in 1959(v Blackburn Rovers) and i've been a blue ever since, even my 3 son's and my grandchildren support the blues. I just sorry not to be in the UK so I can get to see a few games, I had a season ticket from 1972 up to 2006.
I'm now living in Spain and try watching most of the City games thru, the Albanian transmissions that are beam over to Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.