Overseas blues

Fucking hell there are some names on here I havent heard from/thought about in a good long while. Rob The Knob??? Where the hell is THAT guy?? Met him once for a drink in Florida and he was a bit of a charecter. You still working your way thru the South American/Latin countries Rob???

Lifelong blue, went to my first game in 1993, stood on the Kippax and saw us lose 0-2 to Spurs (Jason Dozzell scored, FFS). Been in Tokyo since 2010 and now have to watch City games at ludicrous times in the morning on internet streams - still, got to be done :)

Born and bred 'Strayan (Aussie).

Started followed City around 2000ish (when I started to follow European football), and when it seemed every Tom, Dick & Harry was fully on the rag bandwagon, so I decided fuck 'em I'm going for the "other" Manchester team.

Started follow passionately when I was able to get Foxtel (Pay TV) and watch all the games, around 2009-10 I think.

From India (Bombay)..Started supporting MCFC when Hughes took over...and that is when i started watching lot more football than cricket....Cricket is a religion here, but EPL is increasingly becoming popular as IPL.

Born London, most of my life lived in Cambridge, supported City since 1968, live now in Thailand with my 3 sons, 2 of which are also City supporters. Biggest shame is that now I only get to see city play live once every 15 months and only then if it fits with my visa runs to UK.

All right....I broke down. I have been a lurkeh on here for years and always resisted registering. I am on a few other City sites under this name also but always enjoyed Bluemoon from afar. Maybe I was afraid...;)

Brief 'istree then: born and raised in God's own County Cork in Ireland. Started following City on March 27, 1968 - my eighth birthday when City went to the swamp and gave the swamp donkeys a football lesson - 3-1; Bell, Lee and Heslop. Plus my favourite colur was sky blue. So I was a bloody glory hunter. Especially considering the few glorious years that followed. But we came back down to earth soon after. And I endured some fair ridicule from the Rag, Liverpool and Leeds fans at the time which only strengthened my resolve.

Fast forward many years and I now live in Boston MA in the good ol' US of A. Been here for 25 years. The last time I was in Manchester was in Nov 2005 which was my first and only visit to the Etihad to see a bloody awful affair with Blackburn during the Pearce years. 0-0 it was but I had a fantastic time anyway and I can't wait to get back. (Had my name called out over the tannoy an' all.) Last time seeing City in the flesh was down in NY last May for the Chelski game. That was fun.

Loving what's happening at the moment but a little worried about our midfield under Pelligrini. But he will sort it; I am confident he will. Hopefully before it's too late. But it's good now. And even better times are ahead.

Born breed manc. Spent 25 years watching rubbish city teams and now we have a decent team I lost my job and my wife got offered a better one here in Germany. Typical city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.