Overseas signings

allyboy

I'm concerned that if Hughes looks abroard to other leagues to bring in say 5-6 players we could be left with a brand new team in jan that could take ages to settle.

the likes of Buffon, Kaka, Aguero, Chiellini, Villa, etc.. etc.. are a risk if things aren't looking after this year's fixtures.

Not everyone (no matter how greater footballer you are) settles in a new city, new country, new league and my fear is that by the time players have settled we may be in trouble.

In that regard would it not be more prudent for Hughes to try and sign premiership players only? (this time round) build a trusted base/spine to the side then purchase flair from abroard??

Bridge, Cuddicini, Young, Barry, Torres, Terry etc..

That is the argument isn't it? And it's also within the context of euro footie (which everyone but me thinks is the sine qua non of footballing life). On the one hand you might find the likes of Torres (injured and therefore coming to us), on the other the likes of Dogbowl (git) who takes time to find his feet. I fancy the sober Welshman will be thinking along the lines of a bit o' both.

Suppose thats why he's paid the big dollars to get it right.

Diarra will be good signing and just what we need so I feel comfotable with that.

Don't want him to get carried away with overseas players as lets not forget the premiership is the best league in the world by far. Shit, it makes me laugh when Ramos wants to take Lennon to Real for 20mill!! thats a real sign of how strong it is. think the future for MH lies in England, really do.

Can't wait to jan!!

Yes but if the big cheese upstairs wants a big name from overseas or from mars be it KAKA or anyone else.These people will go out of their way to get what they want,that is how they do things and it appears they want to spend alot alot of money this jan and in the summer.So they will have to settle in.
Thats if we get the likes of KAKA
But does MH want them ;-]

I do know what you are saying though battle hardened prem players it's a total different league.We've already have a few of them just need them to battle a bit more and a little more luck go our way.How much this transfer window approaching as affected them this past few weeks I'm not sure but it must have some affect.
The thing is also not many teams in the prem will want to sell the calibre of players we need and not too many that will be available will be better than we already have.

Agreed to an extent but talented players such as Robinho and Torres have showed you can join a new league and not take too long to settle, if we buy enough players such as Diarra who already know the league plus a few foreign names then the balance should be good enough to work. No point in wasting money now just to scrap the plan in summer and rebuild again, spurs do this every year and look what happens to them, they never see out the full project

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.