Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great from the 10 or so games I've seen, and he's actually pretty quick, kept pace with Ronaldo + Marcelo easily in the famous win in October. Not Walker pace, but not slow by any means, and he's got endurance, he'll bomb up and down his flank for the full 90.

He's always been a very natural defender 1v1 and when it comes to cutting out balls into the box, this season I think his positioning has improved a lot, as has his decision making with when to go forwards and when to stay back.

He's definitely good enough. He's got a nice eye for a pass too, I think that could be really developed under Pep.

He also had Sane in his pocket in the friendly. Sane couldn't believe it and became petulant, lol.

I really hope we bring this kid into the first team, of all the academy grads he's the closest to being first level IMO.

I think this is hilarious.

Maffeo would kill to be our second choice RB, playing under Pep, competing in 4 competitions at 20 years old. Every 20 year old would.
Not if Barcelona or another top club wants him as 1st choice though. These things are relative to what his options are.

I think danilo gets a lot of unfair stick on here - he’s a back up player after all so what do people expect - but from what I’ve seen of maffeo he’s streets ahead and looks a real pep player. We don’t need to get rid of danilo either. Get maffeo in and we the don’t need to buy another lb as with danilo, Delph and Zinchenko we’ve plenty of cover. Really hope the lads gets in the squad next season. I think he and foden could be squad regulars and loan out Diaz to another prem team or gerona for a year to develop. Nice options

I think danilo gets a lot of unfair stick on here - he’s a back up player after all so what do people expect - but from what I’ve seen of maffeo he’s streets ahead and looks a real pep player. We don’t need to get rid of danilo either. Get maffeo in and we the don’t need to buy another lb as with danilo, Delph and Zinchenko we’ve plenty of cover. Really hope the lads gets in the squad next season. I think he and foden could be squad regulars and loan out Diaz to another prem team or gerona for a year to develop. Nice options
Why would we need 3 players to cover Mendy at Leftback? Yes Danilo gets undeserved stick, bit if Maffeo is good enough ( and it looks like he is) then Danilo should definitely be moved on.

We can use his foreign spot for a more pressing need. We already have 2 players who can step up and play LB. We don't need a 3rd.

Why would we need 3 players to cover Mendy at Leftback? Yes Danilo gets undeserved stick, bit if Maffeo is good enough ( and it looks like he is) then Danilo should definitely be moved on.

We can use his foreign spot for a more pressing need. We already have 2 players who can step up and play LB. We don't need a 3rd.
If we sign someone who can play DM, Dinho can play LB

Not if Barcelona or another top club wants him as 1st choice though. These things are relative to what his options are.

And who's going to do that? Barca invested heavily in Semedo, and they have Roberto there most weeks because they jus want him in the team.

Real aren't going to ditch Carvajal. Bayern aren't going to drop wunderkind for Maffeo.

He's good, but he's not going to be a starter for a top side yet because of his age and relative inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.