Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we need 3 players to cover Mendy at Leftback? Yes Danilo gets undeserved stick, bit if Maffeo is good enough ( and it looks like he is) then Danilo should definitely be moved on.

We can use his foreign spot for a more pressing need. We already have 2 players who can step up and play LB. We don't need a 3rd.
Danilo covers more than just left back. He covers rb and centre mid. More than useful utility man for me so I’d keep him. And if you loose your 2 left backs which have had and now have for 3 games then you need him.

Danilo covers more than just left back. He covers rb and centre mid. More than useful utility man for me so I’d keep him. And if you loose your 2 left backs which have had and now have for 3 games then you need him.
He has played centre mid like 30 minutes

And who's going to do that? Barca invested heavily in Semedo, and they have Roberto there most weeks because they jus want him in the team.

Real aren't going to ditch Carvajal. Bayern aren't going to drop wunderkind for Maffeo.

He's good, but he's not going to be a starter for a top side yet because of his age and relative inexperience.
Juventuss could use a RB, PSG could. Dortmund can. United needs a RB, so does Liverpool. It doesn't have to be only teams superior to City. But any team of generally high quality. From Villarreal on up in Spain, Leipzig on up in Germany, to Milan and up in Italy. If any of these good teams are willing to hand him the starting RB position, he'd be a lot better off than being the Danilo of next season.

Let's pray he isn't so popular and dumb Danilo quickly and her him on board.

As it's beginning to look like he is legitimately talented.

Juventuss could use a RB, PSG could. Dortmund can. United needs a RB, so does Liverpool. It doesn't have to be only teams superior to City. But any team of generally high quality. From Villarreal on up in Spain, Leipzig on up in Germany, to Milan and up in Italy. If any of these good teams are willing to hand him the starting RB position, he'd be a lot better off than being the Danilo of next season.

Let's pray he isn't so popular and dumb Danilo quickly and her him on board.

As it's beginning to look like he is legitimately talented.

None of those teams are going to get Pablo Maffeo. Liverpool or United? We'd just tell them to fuck off.

I think you're trying to play devil's advocate but you've taken it to the point of being stupid now.

Again, we have 5 players who can play leftback - Mendy, Delph, Zichencko, Laporte, and Dihno. If we get Fred, you could probably add him to the list. That would be 6 players who can cover the position as well or better than Danilo can. His actual value at leftback is almost Zero.

As for midfield, I'd rather buy a midfielder, like Fred or FDJ or Wiegl (or whoever is your cup of tea) who can actually play the position at the level of Dihno or better. Thus Danilo again isn't valuable here.

I'll grant you he is valuable as a RB. But so is Maffeo. And Maffeo has the added . value of not counting as a foreign spot.

So long as Maffeo continues to show the talent and potential he has shown, there is no value or reason to keep Danilo (other than an inability to move him on). Emotionality should not play a role here.

None of those teams are going to get Pablo Maffeo. Liverpool or United? We'd just tell them to fuck off.

I think you're trying to play devil's advocate but you've taken it to the point of being stupid now.
It's a simple excercise in possibilities.

Simply put, there are better possibilities than being a backup RB in Peps team. For example, being a starter on a good team often is one of those better options

It's a simple excercise in possibilities.

Simply put, there are better possibilities than being a backup RB in Peps team. For example, being a starter on a good team often is one of those better options

Yeah, maybe Real Madrid will swap us Varane for Tosin. Just an exercise in possibilities.

Yeah, maybe Real Madrid will swap us Varane for Tosin. Just an exercise in possibilities.
Thatsca silly analogy and It's not the same. But if you don't see that, that's fine.

Maffeo is legitimately better than the RB prospects on a few of those teams. Swapping Varane for Tosin on the other hand is just silly.

The simple issue here is whether being a starter at a top 30 European club is better than being a backup at City.... And the answer is yes. It is better.

The rest is just obfuscation on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.