Pablo Maffeo

Stuttgart's Director of Football is Michael Reshke - aka the guy who convinced Pep to sign Joshua Kimmich and also brought Kingsley Coman to Bayern.

No wonder he was interested in Maffeo for only €10m, hopefully his good personal relationship with Pep made this very smooth and it will turn out to be a similar transfer to Carvajal going to Bayer Leverkusen.

From a development point of view, Germany is a fantastic place to go for a young player, he'll get exposed to a lot of counterattacking and pressing sides with very tactically astute managers. In theory the perfect next step after a few years in Spain but I'm just doubtful we'll be the ones who benefit from it long term.

VfB Stuttgart are seventh in the Bundesliga - i.e. the German version of Burnley. Currently outside the UEFA Cup places.

I guess that he is going to play every week in a team like that but surprised he could not have found a better club in England or La Liga.

I guess the fee is going to help pay a significant chunk of the Academy's running costs.

A bit disappointed but can see the logic in this for all involved - good luck Pablo!

Stuttgart's Director of Football is Michael Reshke - aka the guy who convinced Pep to sign Joshua Kimmich and also brought Kingsley Coman to Bayern.
Transfermarkt.de says Pep's good personal relationship with Michale Reshke played a role in this transfer. I am sure that we have a buy back (and a sell-on) clause. If not, it will be because Pep does not believe in Maffeo's talent. Who are we to argue with the chief centurion? I look at it as a way for Maffeo to develop further. If he becomes international class we can get him back, like Real did with Carvahal. It is a win-win-win situation.

Good move for him, Stuggart finished 4 points off champions league places. Think they could push on again next season. Lost 1 in their last 14 games in the league. More good aquisitions, attackers mainly and they may be the team to challenge Bayern. Then in 19/20 Bayern will take their good players to restore order.

We'll loan you out to gain experience and even if you do very well there we will sell you on anyway.

Ridiculous, what do the academy players have to do?

Very happy if the reports of a buy back are true. Maffeo will get a lot of good experience in the bundesliga.
Kyle Walker will be 28 in two weeks. He won't be here forever. Maffeo, if he continues to develop, will be the perfect guy to replace him in a couple of years.

Was great for the academy. Was MOTM when he was given a chance against the rags in the league cup. Then goes out on loan and does very well, but gets sold. What more could he do?

If Danilo had not had the season he had then maybe he would have gotten a chance. Now he has a wonderful opportunity in Germany to impress. They've paid a record fee for him so they must expect to give him first team action from the word go I imagine.

It's a pity, yes but having watched a fair amount of him this year for Girona, he has a lot to learn defensively, although looks good going forward. Only has one year left on contract, would struggle to get any first team game time next year, so its a no brainer, providing we have a sell on clause, buy-back/first option to buy and a structured fee depending on first team games etc a la Denis Suarez. Pep will be getting constant reports from Girona about him due to our links and has obviously been involved in the decision. It's a constant dilemma-how do you maintain your spot at the top of the league and still give lots of game time to our GYL's? I am sure all the hierarchy at City would love to have the Spanish set up of having a B team. I don't think that there is a simple answer to the problem...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.