Pablo Maffeo

The CFA is turning into a sell on and buy back factory.

And we all thought it was going to produce our teams of the future.

It's just another version of the setup Chelsea have.

Disappointing.

That’s a strange comment that, mate.

We are one of the best teams in world football. To get into our team is incredibly hard for 99.9% of the worlds footballers. For a player aged 16/20 to be good enough to get one of our squad positions is unlikely. We will every now and again be blessed and get one like young Phil.

However, in the mean time we are making big profits on youngsters and have in place buy back clauses if they develop at a later date then that’s more than fine by me.

We aren’t Southampton. We are challenging for the Premier League and Champions League!

The Academy model is working fine,its just a shame that can't be said for anti depressants.
I suppose on reflection the 20m buy back makes this deal beneficial to all. A pair of boots will soon cost that.

I would rather see us give one or two homegrown players, who are close to being good enough, a few games than worry about dropping the odd point(s). We will only know if these players are good enough if they are given a chance.

It always makes me smile when after every transfer I read about the buy back clause. The likelihood of anyone we sell being bought back in the future is probably remote. To me the logic is that we buy a hopefully proven player for, say, £50M on a 5 year contract and it costs us £10M a year in the accounts. We just need to sell one lad a year for £10M to cover the cost of that player. We seem to be doing well in covering our costs. The buy back is there just in case and what does it matter if a player proves himself at another club and does come back. Those we think have the best chance of making it like Foden simply don't get sold.

I want us to win games,and while its a lovely idea that HG players could be pivotal in such,i'm not arsed if they originate from Mars.

In regards Maffeo,we have received very good money with the potential for more and,if he happens to take the footballing world by storm,we have the option to bring him back for a minimal outlay.

Brilliant business.

That’s a strange comment that, mate.

We are one of the best teams in world football. To get into our team is incredibly hard for 99.9% of the worlds footballers. For a player aged 16/20 to be good enough to get one of our squad positions is unlikely. We will every now and again be blessed and get one like young Phil.

However, in the mean time we are making big profits on youngsters and have in place buy back clauses if they develop at a later date then that’s more than fine by me.

We aren’t Southampton. We are challenging for the Premier League and Champions League!
Jones?

What happens if we want to activate a buy back clause but the player, for whatever reason, wants to stay where he is??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.