Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

That's grim reading, despite the assurances mentioned in the article it does make you wonder about whether Gary Speed was also a victim, I doubt I'd be taking Bennell's word on anything.

That's grim reading, despite the assurances mentioned in the article it does make you wonder about whether Gary Speed was also a victim, I doubt I'd be taking Bennell's word on anything.
Yeah it really is shocking that this went on, sad reading about him having panic attacks during games.

Thanks for posting that, would never have seen it otherwise. It got me thinking about Speed as well. I might be wrong, but I don't think there's any official reason yet Speed committed suicide. Its been covered he and his wife had a row, but thats just circumstantial, and doesn't point to much. Whether he was a victim or not, and it may have led to it, we'll probably never know.

ive a mate who played junior
Football for Crewe and i think made one or two first team appearances.
He named one or two high up people at the club who along with Bennel were bang at it with kids and the hierarchy encouraged younger players to stay at bennels house to 'save travelling on the day of the game'.
My mates dad saw right through this, 'no thank you, I'll make sure he's there on time'.

Disgusting his sentence was , in my opinion, lenient

Plenty of them in football and other sports I would imagine where they see it as easy pickings. Alan Brazil tells a story about it happening to him at Celtic boys sadly.

Does make you wonder about that whole Crewe system where Dario Gradi was in charge for so long, it seems unlikely they didn't know what was going on. You see this sort of thing in the news about US colleges and the way they all cover up abuse from long serving staff and it does make you wonder what's wrong with people.

Good on Neil Warnock though, he's spoken well about it and I don't imagine too many other managers of his era would have taken him to Sheffield United with him after he'd had a nervous breakdown, all seemingly to try and help the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.