Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

This explains the difference in strategy between the initial cases which drew a lot of praise from the journalists covering it like Daniel Taylor, and the seemingly less delicate poorly received handling of these last few cases by the insurance company.

For an insurance company to defend a case like this, especially with its attendant publicity, suggests that the case being brought is somewhat flimsy.

If they have rejected a monetary offer under City's scheme and the judge assesses their damages at a lower level, presumably they get nothing.

It's such a toxic subject I wouldn't speculate. I'd only say that City have handled a terrible situation in an exemplary way.

Having been personally involved, I can say that Mcfc have been absolutely brilliant throughout the whole process. Professional but also much more. Such a shame that the only media coverage is negative , but I suppose that is all that could be expected

Wording from the Daniel Taylor article in the Athletic:

For starters, the litigation is being handled by a legal firm, Keoghs, who are acting for City’s insurers rather than taking their instructions directly from the club. There is a distinction to be drawn even if, ultimately, it is in City’s name (the trial is listed as “TVZ and others v Manchester City Football Club Limited”).
“It is, of course, open to survivors, and the law firms who represent them, not to use our scheme and instead issue court proceedings, but if that happens the matter is taken out of the club’s control and passes instead to the relevant insurers under historic Football League arrangements,” said a statement from City.
“The cases being heard at the High Court are those of survivors who are being advised by a single law firm which did not recommend the scheme to them and instead is representing them in a civil action. The club is named in the case as a formality only and does not control or make decisions within the litigation, such as who to call as witnesses.”

Link here but behind a paywall.... (archive.ph is good)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.