Painting and/or Decorating

Thanks very much lads and lasses, it's starting to make a bit more sense in my mind. The walls have one coat of basic paint that was left by the builders so they could survey it for cracks after a year. They've ended up covered with a fair bit of tobacco and soot (from candles)... if I'm doing two coats of vinyl emulsion, do I need to wash them, strip them, sand them? Or am I good to go?

I’m glad you decided to get someone in. Years ago in my first flat I decided to do it myself. It took fucking weeks, coming in from work and being too tired or drunk to he arsed.

Eventually finished, had a look at it all and immediately called my pal to come up and give me a quote to fix it.

What a bastard waste of time, living in a building site all that time then getting it done.

To be fair, lately I am quite good, but as a younger guy, not too clever.

Thanks very much lads and lasses, it's starting to make a bit more sense in my mind. The walls have one coat of basic paint that was left by the builders so they could survey it for cracks after a year. They've ended up covered with a fair bit of tobacco and soot (from candles)... if I'm doing two coats of vinyl emulsion, do I need to wash them, strip them, sand them? Or am I good to go?
Any chance of a couple of pictures?
If the walls have just had one thin coat over plaster (mist-coat) you just need to give them 2 coats of vinyl matt emulsion over the top to give you a finish...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.