Palace - Post match thread

If we had this attention to detail on corners, why have we been continually so shit at them ? (Not just under Pep, but for what seems like decades to me).

I thought the first one yesterday was just a miss kick, but the second proves otherwise, and I now hope we can continue to innovate with them. For now though I'm just going to put it down to luck, at least until it becomes a pattern.

It's like that free kick that KDB put under the wall and scored from; there is no doubt that Pep and his guys look for these things but not every opponent will offer up those opportunities. However, it is one thing to spot them and have a plan but another for the players to execute during a game.

Torrent takes the lead on set pieces; both defending and attacking situations.

So you did not see the same happen to Zabba, such as the goal or for Bravo's save? There best two chances came from zabba getting beaten.

Not a dig at Zabba because it happens but the constant criticism of Kolorav when others shortcomings are overlooked does my head in.
Flippin heck, have I touched a nerve, only said what I saw, I had better be careful, I am not one of the elite on here, got banned last time I was drawn by somebody picking on me. Only been watching city since 1963, but only joined bm last season, so not one of the favourites yet. And yes Zabba was beaten easily for the goal, ironically I did not mention that for fear of being critical of a great city servant. ;-)

I loved the joy the rest of the team expressed with both of Yaya's goals. There was a genuine delight in their reaction at having him in the side and showing his quality.

It's like that free kick that KDB put under the wall and scored from; there is no doubt that Pep and his guys look for these things but not every opponent will offer up those opportunities. However, it is one thing to spot them and have a plan but another for the players to execute during a game.

Torrent takes the lead on set pieces; both defending and attacking situations.
Well if it does become a pattern, it will be a very pleasing development, because if there's one thing about the club that I have waited a long time for, its an improvement in our corner taking.

Flippin heck, have I touched a nerve, only said what I saw, I had better be careful, I am not one of the elite on here, got banned last time I was drawn by somebody picking on me. Only been watching city since 1963, but only joined bm last season, so not one of the favourites yet. And yes Zabba was beaten easily for the goal, ironically I did not mention that for fear of being critical of a great city servant. ;-)

Thats the nerve you hit mate. You never mentioned Zabbas shortcomings because its not popular on the board but its ok to have a dig at Kolorav (not being a fans favourite), which is playing to the gallery.

Nothing personal though. Keep enjoying the board. Ive been here years and still an outsider looking in.

Thats the nerve you hit mate. You never mentioned Zabbas shortcomings because its not popular on the board but its ok to have a dig at Kolorav (not being a fans favourite), which is playing to the gallery.

Nothing personal though. Keep enjoying the board. Ive been here years and still an outsider looking in.
Thanks for reply, but I say again, I have no agenda against any blue, always been loyal, how could I be anything else the amount of time I have been a city fan. Derek Kevan and David Wagstaffe used to be my favourites, so when I see KDB, Kun, Silva and co playing for us how can I be anything but delighted :-)

we always want more and question will always be asked but the truth is 3 points move on
forget the money and the world class manager and the great players its still is 11 vs 11 you have to go out and fight for the points nobody is ever going to give manchester city the points for having the best squad on paper we are now the biggest scalp in the league

i watch the game vs swansea the other week and boy that was a very hard away game and we had to fight for the win WHY may you ask well the other week united turn up at swansea and they just did not have the fight they rolled over now that's the key WE ARE EVERYBODY KEY GAME AWAY FROM HOME. the media love nothing more than to over hype manchester city losing its the big thing every time we get beat the money comes up superstars not turn up we are fighting 2 battles each game we play the other team and the media

i now look at it the other way and teams like palace stoke wba boro sunderland are the hardest games and should be highlighted its a no win situation. we are going to have to roll up our sleeves and fight and play dirty if we have to but we need to take the points home and get back on the bus its that simple nobody is ever going to give us credit for beating palace but i will tall you something ask the players they know

you could see it yesterday when coming off they knew its was a big win palace are a good team at there ground and when city roll up its like we are having it. palace players knew they could make the news on the back of beating manchester city the media would be all over them the manager the players the talk of the town all week

for the first time it sunk in MANCHESTER CITY ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT but losing to manchester city is just the run of the mill

Thanks for reply, but I say again, I have no agenda against any blue, always been loyal, how could I be anything else the amount of time I have been a city fan. Derek Kevan and David Wagstaffe used to be my favourites, so when I see KDB, Kun, Silva and co playing for us how can I be anything but delighted :-)

But not Kolorav :-). I have no doubt you are mate. Just think he gets a tough time and the other more popular fullback deserved any critisicm going, if any was to be dished out, yesterday.

we always want more and question will always be asked but the truth is 3 points move on
forget the money and the world class manager and the great players its still is 11 vs 11 you have to go out and fight for the points nobody is ever going to give manchester city the points for having the best squad on paper we are now the biggest scalp in the league

i watch the game vs swansea the other week and boy that was a very hard away game and we had to fight for the win WHY may you ask well the other week united turn up at swansea and they just did not have the fight they rolled over now that's the key WE ARE EVERYBODY KEY GAME AWAY FROM HOME. the media love nothing more than to over hype manchester city losing its the big thing every time we get beat the money comes up superstars not turn up we are fighting 2 battles each game we play the other team and the media

i now look at it the other way and teams like palace stoke wba boro sunderland are the hardest games and should be highlighted its a no win situation. we are going to have to roll up our sleeves and fight and play dirty if we have to but we need to take the points home and get back on the bus its that simple nobody is ever going to give us credit for beating palace but i will tall you something ask the players they know

you could see it yesterday when coming off they knew its was a big win palace are a good team at there ground and when city roll up its like we are having it. palace players knew they could make the news on the back of beating manchester city the media would be all over them the manager the players the talk of the town all week

for the first time it sunk in MANCHESTER CITY ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT but losing to manchester city is just the run of the mill
I like your post, some really good points highlighted by you, I was being to think I was paronoid thinking teams seem to try harder against us, and in some cases having game of their careers , like the Everton keeper, and also Boro defence and keeper :-)

comes with the territory ,we are the most successful team in the premiership over the least 5 to 6 seasons , and a big scalp. We used to do it against the Rags when they were any good and the great Leeds teams in the 80's (not liverpool they used to hammer us all the time) teams like blunderland , palace , west ham and even spuds will always raise their game with a full house and nothing to lose. The only difference is the Rags , Dipper and Leeds teams were lauded by the media were as we are ridiculed at every opportunity which just shows how our success is hurting them , a successful MCFC is'nt newsworthy for their customer base who support the "history" clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.