Parade a week on Monday..

blumoonrisen

FA Cup winners Manchester City have announced they will be parading their newest piece of silverware around the city a week on Monday.

Their celebration comes only a day after the Premier League ends - a competition won by fierce rivals Manchester United, also on Saturday.

City were approved the celebration by the Manchester city council, who had earlier green-lit their rivals' parade for following weekend after the Champions League final.

But Roberto Mancini's side gets the first bite of the apple after winning the first trophy in 35 years for the former Maine Road outfit.

Man City chief executive Gary Cook made it official, saying: "We are extremely grateful to Manchester City Council for their invitation to parade the trophy.

"We are looking forward to seeing as many of our wonderful supporters as possible lining the streets of the city next Monday.

"Saturday was a truly historic occasion for Manchester City Football Club and we are delighted to be bringing the FA Cup trophy back to Manchester."

The head of the Manchester city council, Sir Richard Leese, heaped support on his city's two massive and successful clubs.

"City winning the FA Cup is a joyous occasion for many people in Manchester, myself included," he said.

"It's only fitting that we host a public celebration of that achievement so fans can share the moment and enjoy the success.

"Manchester's football clubs are a huge source of pride, helping to project the city's name around the world, and we expect some unforgettable scenes on May 23 as thousands of City fans gather to acclaim their team."

JoeMercer'sWay said:
why can't we just do a lap of honour with it against Stoke on tuesday?

Hopefully not before the game as that would be the most motivated a side would be all season.

After the game they'll be doing a lap of honour hopefully and it'll be good to see them parade the cup

Sleeping_Easy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
why can't we just do a lap of honour with it against Stoke on tuesday?

Hopefully not before the game as that would be the most motivated a side would be all season.

After the game they'll be doing a lap of honour hopefully and it'll be good to see them parade the cup

I too, hope they parade the cup. I think they should because a lot of people will go to the Stoke league game who weren't at Wembley and who also don't live in Manchester, so won't go to the parade in the city. They should parade the cup at the end of the game if you ask me.

[I too, hope they parade the cup. I think they should because a lot of people will go to the Stoke league game who weren't at Wembley and who also don't live in Manchester, so won't go to the parade in the city. They should parade the cup at the end of the game if you ask me.[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^
can make it for the last match but don't finish work ( in yorkshire) early enough for the Monday night parade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.