Parcel Force

cptaidan88

Anybody work for them or use them on a frequent basis?

My workplace had to send some Bank forms to the Netherlands (they needed 'wet ink' signatures before anyone asks why we didnt email them) and I was asked to get the letter there as soon as possible.

I went to the Post Office last Tuesday afternoon to be told it would cost an eye watering £43.02 to send it with Parcel Force, but was guaranteed it would be delivered no later than Thursday of last week.

It has now been a week and they have still not received it. Looking at the tracker I can see the letter is in the Netherlands and may be delivered later today or tomorrow, but that's not good enough really.

Would I be entitled to claim compensation?

£43 for a bog standard A5 envelope was ridiculous to begin with but for it to take so long is infuriating. I could have flown and delivered it in person for not much more.

Think it may be customs that could hold it up plus they say it will be delivered in 3 -5 working days
Parcelforce only deliver in the U.K. Once a item is out of the uk it's passed to the relevant postal company,The fault is with the Dutch postal system as you have said it's arrived but stuck in the Dutch system

Think it may be customs that could hold it up plus they say it will be delivered in 3 -5 working days
Parcelforce only deliver in the U.K. Once a item is out of the uk it's passed to the relevant postal company,The fault is with the Dutch postal system as you have said it's arrived but stuck in the Dutch system
Parcel Force shouldn't be charging a guaranteed delivery if they can't guarantee the delivery date. Their service is pretty shoddy in general. I have had PF drivers turn up with a "you weren't in when we called" slip already filled in; just about to shove it through the letterbox as I opened the door. I know the drivers are on a time limit, but they shouldn't be taking the p**s like that.

The problem is, with that type of business model it's a race to the bottom; somebody will always undercut them. Ultimately, the customers suffer.

My workplace had to send some Bank forms to the Netherlands (they needed 'wet ink' signatures before anyone asks why we didnt email them) and I was asked to get the letter there as soon as possible.

I went to the Post Office last Tuesday afternoon to be told it would cost an eye watering £43.02 to send it with Parcel Force, but was guaranteed it would be delivered no later than Thursday of last week.

It has now been a week and they have still not received it. Looking at the tracker I can see the letter is in the Netherlands and may be delivered later today or tomorrow, but that's not good enough really.

£43 for a bog standard A5 envelope was ridiculous to begin with but for it to take so long is infuriating. I could have flown and delivered it in person for not much more.
I had my mother fedex a letter to holland a few months back and it was £50 for next day. They pick it up from your house as well and the driver filled out the custom forms and the envelope.

In my old job we used them every now and then - you will get a full refund if it is the express service and they have given you a promise date.

This.

I don't see how UK companies can give guarantees of delivery once a parcel goes out of the country.

Parcel Force shouldn't be charging a guaranteed delivery if they can't guarantee the delivery date. Their service is pretty shoddy in general. I have had PF drivers turn up with a "you weren't in when we called" slip already filled in; just about to shove it through the letterbox as I opened the door. I know the drivers are on a time limit, but they shouldn't be taking the p**s like that.

The problem is, with that type of business model it's a race to the bottom; somebody will always undercut them. Ultimately, the customers suffer.

This has happened to me as well.... literally seen the guy press the bell and then slip the 'attempted delivery' note through the letter box almost instantaneously!

What a bunch of wa****s,can't even guarantee a simple letter to be delivered on time,more like parcel farce..

I think you'll find whatever the courier your "guarantee" ends at Dover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.