Parents threatening their children

When I was being a twat as a kid (which was fairly often), my mum, dad and sister used to say they found me in a box on Sackville Street in town and they were gonna take me back there.

You'd be my brother except my lot preferred the arches underneath Exchange Station.

There is nothing to wrestle with. Report it. Or, PM me the details and I'll report it. There is zero place for any parent who, as you state, "constantly bullies" their children. Zero.
Are you serious, you’ll report it ???

So an interfering virtue signaller like you (“my son and daughter have the utmost respect for me” blah blah blah) wants to report it regardless of the shit storm for the kids that might result from it. It doesn’t sound a great situation but you seriously want to get social services involved based on a post on a fucking football forum. You know absolutely nothing about the situation. For all you know the OP could be an estranged partner of the woman in question holding a grudge. Odds are, things get a great deal worse for the kids involved if the authorities investigate.

So an interfering virtue signaller like you (“my son and daughter have the utmost respect for me” blah blah blah) wants to report it regardless of the shit storm for the kids that might result from it. It doesn’t sound a great situation but you seriously want to get social services involved based on a post on a fucking football forum. You know absolutely nothing about the situation. For all you know the OP could be an estranged partner of the woman in question holding a grudge. Odds are, things get a great deal worse for the kids involved if the authorities investigate.

This is wrong.

Oddly I did a Domestic Violence course yesterday in my garden!

Some of the cases were horrific. Some of the cases we looked at how many opportunities people had to intervene. One famous case was missed by so many professionals but was reported by a taxi driver who did not like the way a child was being treated and looked. By then it was too late...

Any bystanders may have been surprised at how many times I threatened to throw my 4 year olds bike in the nearest bin yesterday whilst out with the two little ones trying to enjoy a walk...........

Odds are they dont. And it wont be an investigation, it will be a meeting to see if support is needed

My mum used to leather us with any weapon that was to hand. Wooden spoons, belt, coat hanger, those sticks you used to "train" the Swiss cheese plant to grow, shoes,basically anything.

Sounds terrible now but, luckily I'm sure, none of us came to harm and all have decent lives.

I feel I should add to this my mum was also a very loving mother and we never wanted for love. Also my dad was my hero then and now.
Mum is now an old woman and a very loving mother and nanna and great nanna and unbelievably placid and kind, she just had a fierce temper and an avowed vow that we would all grow up with manners (im glad she hasn't seen me post on here) and "never bring the police to my door". We all have and none of us ever did.

It was just a different time. Not excusing it but it just was.
Imagine bringing up a family of kids in the 60s and 70s and 80s with the threat of losing your job every day and the stress of keeping them all fed and clean on not very much money.

Anyway I didn't want anyone getting the idea I had a difficult childhood because I didn't, it was magical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.