parents who........

buzzer1 said:
spanish blue said:
I have just taken my son out of school to home school him not because he didnt like school just because me and my husband feel he can learn so much more from us one to one than in a classroom of 31 kids.

-- Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 pm --

Well the OP is wrong because for example Quinn is a first name.
Bye the way what is your take on autonomous learning.

Ok then, Quinn was just an example, theres plenny of examples, i'm with you by the way.

Autonomous Learning? from what i know about it i think it could be spot on. You say you homeschool your child? thats brilliant in my opinion and you may well be getting a PM in the future regarding how you go about it. Good luck to you and yours SB.

Cheers for that buzzer1, me and my husband have done alot of research into this
legal and otherwise and i have just purchased a brilliant book called Without Boundaries which covers everything on autonomous learning and non-coercive parenting its a good read.

You would get on well with my husband, his beliefs are the same as yours if you know what i mean.

spanish blue said:
buzzer1 said:
Ok then, Quinn was just an example, theres plenny of examples, i'm with you by the way.

Autonomous Learning? from what i know about it i think it could be spot on. You say you homeschool your child? thats brilliant in my opinion and you may well be getting a PM in the future regarding how you go about it. Good luck to you and yours SB.

legal and otherwise and i have just purchased a brilliant book called Without Boundaries which covers everything on autonomous learning and non-coercive parenting its a good read.

You would get on well with my husband, his beliefs are the same as yours if you know what i mean.

We was gonna do it when we were gonna buy a Barge(live-a-board a boat on a canal) but it took a bit of a deviate/back seat, but i say fair play to you and Mr. Spanish blue, GET OUTSIDE THAT BOX AND FREE FROM CONDITIONING, good luck to you all, really. Na nite.

buzzer1 said:
spanish blue said:

We was gonna do it when we were gonna buy a Barge(live-a-board a boat on a canal) but it took a bit of a deviate/back seat, but i say fair play to you and Mr. Spanish blue, GET OUTSIDE THAT BOX AND FREE FROM CONDITIONING, good luck to you all, really. Na nite.

Again cheers, we thought about selling up and travelling the world but as you say things happen to delay/halt your plans. So we are selling up and going to live in wales to be self sufficent, the goodlife if that is possible and get away from all the mayhem. I look forward to more discussions with you. On a side note
i mentioned flouride to you last week, you have probably heard this before but we have a reverse osmosis system fitted in the kitchen that gets rid of that pescky problem.

spanish blue said:
buzzer1 said:

Again cheers, we thought about selling up and travelling the world but as you say things happen to delay/halt your plans. So we are selling up and going to live in wales to be self sufficent, the goodlife if that is possible and get away from all the mayhem. I look forward to more discussions with you. On a side note
i mentioned flouride to you last week, you have probably heard this before but we have a reverse osmosis system fitted in the kitchen that gets rid of that pescky problem.

Thats superb, i will be PMing for updates from time to time if thats ok, i really hope it goes well for you all, good look to you and Sr., and of course the little'n', really, good luck.

PS, is the anti-flouride system that you have, expensive?
i'm logging off now as am up in a few hours, i will check your reply tomorrow. G'nite all.

Parents who brainwash their kids with religion (or anything for that matter)

Parents who get children to do X by force or threat of force- hitting, spanking, slapping, grabbing etc.

Parents who think that their job is to control their kids instead of shepherding them through the early stages of life. You're their steward, not their King/Queen

Parents who punish kids for mistakes or don't allow them to make mistakes or don't take the opportunity that a mistake gives you to help them. Making kids scared to make a mistake is basically shutting down their growth.

Parents who rely on authority instead of reason. ie. "Because I said so" "Whilst under my roof..." etc. People who rely on authority are just admitting that they don't have anything of value to offer.

Parents who don't have empathy for their children.

Parents whose personality changes in public. ie treating their children poorly in private to treating them lovingly when around friends and colleagues.

Anyway, there's a snippet...

Yea, I don't like most parents. Most parents are bad parents and should never have become parents. Obviously not the most popular position to hold

ElanJo said:

Parents who get children to do X by force or threat of force- hitting, spanking, slapping, grabbing etc.

Parents who think that their job is to control their kids instead of shepherding them through the early stages of life. You're their steward, not their King/Queen

Parents who punish kids for mistakes or don't allow them to make mistakes or don't take the opportunity that a mistake gives you to help them. Making kids scared to make a mistake is basically shutting down their growth.

Parents who rely on authority instead of reason. ie. "Because I said so" "Whilst under my roof..." etc. People who rely on authority are just admitting that they don't have anything of value to offer.

Parents whose personality changes in public. ie treating their children poorly in private to treating them lovingly when around friends and colleagues.

Yea, I don't like most parents. Most parents are bad parents and should never have become parents. Obviously not the most popular position to hold

all fair stuff, all though i have to say bright kids can possibly deal with the responsibility you ask of them in the above statements. Like "allowing kids to make their mistakes" etc.... all very well but some kids are thicko's whether it sits comfortably with folk or not SOME kids cant handle responsibility and need firm rule of law. They need Alfa male or matriarchal mum imposing rule of law in the household or they can go off the rails very quickly. I love the sentiments of your mantra's above and in an ideal world it would be great if all kids could be brought up like that but the nature of kids is some could handle it, some wouldnt...........there are many different and quality ways to bring kids up.....personally i would say the traditional way of firm but fair, praise the good punish the bad is generally the most effective. A lot of new age thinking would say praise the good ignore the bad (cos its giving them attention for a negative) ....nope sorry....not for me!!!!

ElanJo said:

....parents who let their children run rough shod all over them?

york away to this! said:
ElanJo said:

....parents who let their children run rough shod all over them?

If your kid is running roughshod over you then you almost certainly fooked up.

The Invisible_Man said:
Don't agree with all of the OP, but can't be arsed clicking back to explain why. So I'll just add two.
-Let their kids trick or treat
A silly American tradition. Now its totaly commercialized, and somewhat threatening in certain places. But if nothing else it let's the Christians complain about paganism while conveniently forgetting the origin of Christmas celebrations in December.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.