Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

No. Check the post I replied to....

"Quite something to win 3 olympics in something as hard as the heptathlon"

That poster was clearly, to me anyway, referring to winning the Olympic decathlon 3 times. As far as I am aware, no athlete has won the Olympic decathlon three times. Though I stand to be corrected on that.

They were talking about heptathlon and how incredible Thiam is to win three Olympic golds. It's staggering. Being the best over 7 events over a 12 year period. Winning it once is amazing, but can often be thanks to a bit of luck on the day(s), to do it over three Olympics is staggering.

They were talking about heptathlon and how incredible Thiam is to win three Olympic golds. It's staggering. Being the best over 7 events over a 12 year period. Winning it once is amazing, but can often be thanks to a bit of luck on the day(s), to do it over three Olympics is staggering.
That's not how I read it. But I'm not going to argue all night about it; if I'm wrong, so be it. It won't be the first time. Or the last! Anyway, there's a Sanatogen multivitamin and a bed with my name on them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.