Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

There’s no way they’ll have this event again. It’s being ridiculed everywhere.

Actually think things like the BMXing, skateboarding and climbing have been good additions to the games but this hasn't really worked. People have enjoyed watching those and perhaps appreciated the skill and athleticism that goes into them.

With breakdancing, there's a lot of physicality and artistry involved that I respect (obvs the Australian competitor is a bit of a wacky outlier) but I think it doesn't make loads of sense to me have one subgenre of dance in there and I think the audience and traditions around breaking exist mainly outside of a sporting context.

Actually think things like the BMXing, skateboarding and climbing have been good additions to the games but this hasn't really worked. People have enjoyed watching those and perhaps appreciated the skill and athleticism that goes into them.

With breakdancing, there's a lot of physicality and artistry involved that I respect (obvs the Australian competitor is a bit of a wacky outlier) but I think it doesn't make loads of sense to me have one subgenre of dance in there and I think the audience and traditions around breaking exist mainly outside of a sporting context.
How about heavy metal headbanging for LA28?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.