Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I will admit that I didn't really know the backstory of Katarina. I knew the name of course. Lovely to see how absolutely chuffed she was. It really doesn't much matter that she didn't get the gold. When an athlete runs against herself/himself, and beats her/his own demons, the medal along the way is almost incidental.
You love to see it.
Does my ear detect a scouse accent in the interview? Render unto Caesar: some good scousers.

;-)

I will admit that I didn't really know the backstory of Katarina. I knew the name of course. Lovely to see how absolutely chuffed she was. It really doesn't much matter that she didn't get the gold. When an athlete runs against herself/himself, and beats her/his own demons, the medal along the way is almost incidental.
You love to see it.
Does my ear detect a scouse accent in the interview? Render unto Caesar: some good scousers.

;-)
Yes born and mainly raised in Liverpool, brief period in the Bahamas with her father who had seperated from her mother. Great friend of the actress Jodie Comer.

But unlike that obnoxious **** Carragher who growls, barks, hisses and spits she has a soft quiet accent.

She is superhuman though - it will be an interesting lead.
She's a much better lead climber than Brooke Raboutou, who's stronger in boulder. But one mistake and you're off the wall, so anything can happen in lead.

McKenzie and Bertone are both better boulderers, and Mori and Seo are fantastic on lead, but didn't do well enough in bouldering for it to matter. Jessie Pilz is the main threat to McNeice. McNeice did alright in lead in the semis, but Pilz was way better, and they start on equal points. My guess, assuming no-one gets injured is Garnbret, Raboutou, Pilz. Pilz is 10 points down after bouldering compared to the semi where she only beat her total score by 1.1 points.

not sure if it’s been put here already but that breaking nonsense will not be in Los Angeles 2028.
T20 cricket will be and be interesting to see what happens with the West Indies. Can only imagine it happening as Jamaica, Guyana etc.

not sure if it’s been put here already but that breaking nonsense will not be in Los Angeles 2028.
T20 cricket will be and be interesting to see what happens with the West Indies. Can only imagine it happening as Jamaica, Guyana etc.
It can only be the individual countries, afaik

McNeice in 1st with 6 more to come. This lead climb looks horrendous.

5 to come, make that 4 left, still in 1st.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.