Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Yep, a quick search and it appears Khelif has always been a woman even from birth and it is illegal to transition in Algeria anyway. But unfortunately they are intersex so have the benefits of high testosterone and male chromosome, been banned in other events but the IOC have took a more relaxed approach.
This is all caused by the IBA being stripped of their authority. She fought in Tokyo and nobody said anything. She was then banned by the IBA based on their rules, but the IBA had no authority and the IOC used different criteria. The whole thing is a massive fuck up, but people calling her a 'bloke' are just wrong. She might have an 'unfair' advantage because of her nature, but she hasn't tried to cheat at any point, and she's not a man. And it's worth mentioning that she didn't win a medal last time out either.

This is all caused by the IBA being stripped of their authority. She fought in Tokyo and nobody said anything. She was then banned by the IBA based on their rules, but the IBA had no authority and the IOC used different criteria. The whole thing is a massive fuck up, but people calling her a 'bloke' are just wrong. She might have an 'unfair' advantage because of her nature, but she hasn't tried to cheat at any point, and she's not a man. And it's worth mentioning that she didn't win a medal last time out either.

Yep seems like a cruel unfortunate situation.

I hadn’t realised I had Eurosport on my TV. Had seen some on Discovery+ as well as BBC. I must admit that I’ve always been a BBC stalwart but the people they have commentating and punditing (is that a word?!!!) has dropped and got a little stale.
Let’s hope it gets better with the Athletics. I’ve always liked Michael Johnson and Denise Lewis. The others I put up with mainly, Colin Jackson is a lap usually ok.
Which channel is discovery plus on on sky?

I
Which channel is discovery plus on on sky?
I don’t have SKY. I use an App on my Smart TV. Well I think that’s what they call it!
I’ve got these pretty little pictures with the names of streaming(?) programme things. Netflix, Amazon Prime, EETV, BBC iPlayer, Discovery+, Now, U and others plus one called Milkshake!! (There are 20 pretty pictures and at the side it says Apps!

As you may have noticed I’m not necessarily technical!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.