Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

But I can’t have a problem with people saying vagina = woman because it does
Would it be stupidity to correct people who said humans have 2 arms and 2 legs because some people aren’t that way
Less than 1% of the population are intersex is it ?

I know you’re only trying to be balanced and see both sides but it’s complete madness this whole men in women’s sports thing

But I think there’s a difference between saying the average human looks like X, and saying “to be X you must be Y”. Of course “on average” statistically a woman is going to have a vagina. If we’re using your analogy this situation is much more like a group of people are insisting if you don’t have two arms you can’t possibly be a person. That’s why it’s annoying, it’s an attempt to box and categorise people in immensely unhelpful ways, and it causes us to lose all nuance and then you get situations like this.

And as I said, I’m not here to support the idea that trans athletes should just be let into any competition. The vast majority are not anyway. Most sports now have guidelines in place for dealing with edge cases. That means these days the more common problem is that genuine female-born women don’t get to compete because of their biology. Which is exactly what might have happened with this boxer had they used the IFB guidelines.

When I saw this whole boxing thing in the press today and the pile-on on social media, my immediate thought was that a transgender woman is participating in the women’s boxing but that’s not the case.

I could probably understand the concerns around transgender and participation in women’s sport. But Khelif is a biological woman. I find it incredulous people with significant platforms and media outlets are calling her a man when she’s not.

Fuck me Claire thingy just said Murray the greatest every British sportsman. Mark Cavendish pisses all over him
There's dozens who can. Including Max Woosnam. I suppose if you asked the dreary Balding how Max Woosnam's sporting achievements didn't qualify him as the greatest she wouldn't have a fuckin' clue!

I’m not really making a statement on the competition rules or what they should be. I think if people have elevated testosterone levels or some other biological advantage there should probably be some kind of guideline for that. That seems overtly sensible. The IOC has probably created this situation by not introducing that kind of guideline. Nobody is out here claiming men should be boxing women.

I’m simply highlighting the brazen hypocrisy and stupidity of the people who have insisted vagina = woman until they were blue in the face and now all of a sudden have some new found appreciation that biology can actually be a bit more complicated than that.

The whole discussion is entirely theoretical anyway. Because there are zero people assigned as male at birth competing in female events.
There are ZERO people assigned thier sex at birth , all eggs have X chromosomes the sperm has either an X or Y chromosome so for the vast majority are either XX or XY . Some have extra Y or X very few just have X & no Y (XO)

There's dozens who can. Including Max Woosnam. I suppose if you asked the dreary Balding how Max Woosnam's sporting achievements didn't qualify him as the greatest she wouldn't have a fuckin' clue!
Didn't he once have a game of table tennis against Charlie Chaplin where he used a spoon rather than a paddle?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.