Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

There's dozens who can. Including Max Woosnam. I suppose if you asked the dreary Balding how Max Woosnam's sporting achievements didn't qualify him as the greatest she wouldn't have a fuckin' clue!

His life was like something out of a boys own comic. Served at Gallipoli and was with Sassoon on the Western Front. Apparently the City fans of the day were very unhappy with ICI because due to work commitments he only ever played home games, I've never bothered to look it up but supposedly our away form was diabolical in comparison to our home form hence the fans being hacked off. Was a proper superstar, mobbed whenever people realised he was around.

Most medals won for Great Britain at the Olympics
  • Jason Kenny – nine (seven gold, two silver)
  • Bradley Wiggins – eight medals (five gold, one silver, two bronze)
  • Chris Hoy – seven (six gold, one silver)
  • Laura Kenny – six (five gold, one silver)
  • Steve Redgrave – six (five gold, one bronze)
But they all had bikes or boats to transport them through their races.
That has to be some form of advantage over Mo Farah and Sally Gunnell.

How can Murray, who has retired more times than Frank Sinatra, be the greatest SportsmanBritain has produced?? Clare Balding is delusional. He has earned a living at tennis!!! Made a fortune at tennis!!
There are dozens of people who beat Mr Retirement to that accolade. IMHO

He's up there. The pressure to win Wimbledon was up there with England winning a trophy and he handled that and despite losing came back and got the job done twice as well as winning Olympic gold twice and in the greatest era of tennis.

Did I spot 3 a side basketball or was I just dreaming.
I've already been let down badly for recording some of the beach volleyball only to find out it was the mens competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.