Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

He's up there. The pressure to win Wimbledon was up there with England winning a trophy and he handled that and despite losing came back and got the job done twice as well as winning Olympic gold twice and in the greatest era of tennis.
Tennis maybe, the best British player since Fred Perry yes but not overall Sportsman I’m afraid. Not forr red me anyway. ;-) :-)

Just watching the BMX racing. Lots of good photo opportunities, but it comes across as a tad predictable. In as much as there doesn't seem to be much overtaking in it.

How can Murray, who has retired more times than Frank Sinatra, be the greatest SportsmanBritain has produced?? Clare Balding is delusional.
Herself and Dion Dublin were commentating at Crufts not so long ago.
I'm just surprised that Alan Carr and Joey Essex haven't appeared on my TV but there's time yet, I suppose.

Oh my goodness Clare Balding is a worse fan girl for Murray than I am for a certain Mr Stones!
The BBC gave him the best send off at Wimbledon. Fair enough that he deserved but the same at the Olympics with Balding practically swooning over him!!
Sorry. Just my opinion. :-)

Oh my goodness Clare Balding is a worse fan girl for Murray than I am for a certain Mr Stones!
The BBC gave him the best send off at Wimbledon. Fair enough that he deserved but the same at the Olympics with Balding practically swooning over him!!
Sorry. Just my opinion. :-)

Bit harsh Eccles! The whole greatest sportsman is silly and for some reason Balding has generally been a bit excitable at these Olympics but Murray has been a great Olympian and it was the Olympics that really ignited his career so I think that's why they've talked it up so much. British men's tennis was mostly in the doldrums for decades and decades before he came along, it's only sport but within that context he's been a warrior.

I will however concede that he's no John Boy ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.