Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Nobody who knows anything about this has suggested these athletes are trans.
From the start they have been described as DSD but that still means they are male in virtually (but not) all respects. When it comes to testosterone, and body strength and punching power they are.
Tweets like that are distractions.

If anyone is genuinely in this topic, I’d recommend this:

You get to a point in the Olympics where you see someone - eg Simone Biles, Usain Bolt and Daley Thompson and many others and you sometimes don't see you are watching once in a lifetime talents. I am reminded of a chat I had with my 85 year old Dad in which he said City of 68, 69 even to 74 and you don't realise this is peak performance followed by decades of crap - he is so happy to have lived to see the last decade with City
It reminds me again of the satirical suggestion that they should have random “normies” (who have entered and won a lottery to participate) competing alongside the Olympic athletes just to show how elite they actually are.

I think watching many of the events, you lose the context that these people could make 99% of the world look absolutely silly in their chosen sport without even really trying. That goes even for the athletes that don’t get anywhere near the podium.

You have people finishing dead last in a 200m free swim first heat that would finish their leisurely jaunt twice the length of your local pool before you got to the other side once.

Max Woosnam easily

screenshot_20240801-231327_brave-jpg.127161
Yeah, but aside from that, what did he actually accomplish?

Think the Algerian has been a victim of social media jumping all over something. I thought it was a Fallon Fox situation (male to female transgender MMA fighter who was brutalising women). Her being born with features of both genders is much more of a grey area and not really her fault.

my thought was what about the weight category? She looked way bigger than the Italian girl and in a sport that categorises by weight should be considered too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.