Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Sorry if discussed earlier but in regards to the women’s boxing debate, as far as I can read up to Imane Khelif is not trans , was born a girl etc and the issue is that she has high testosterone? Is that not a PED issue rather than a gender issue?

I'm not watching but I'm guessing the Chinese are sat in gold?
I cannot remember which Olympics it was but Tom Daley was in the Synchronised pairs. Try as they might they couldn’t catch up with the Chinese team. The exasperated commentator said “It’s difficult to see where there is a chink in their armour”

Quinn - Canadian footballer - is not a woman by their own choice, and referring to them as a woman would be transphobic, but they compete with and against women in the women’s category.
Because biology. Fair dos, no outcry.

This Algerian has similarities to Caster Semenya biologically, and rightly or wrongly Caster isn’t allowed to compete in the 800m

The IOC could overrule the IAAF like it has the IBF but hasn’t (politics)

On balance, I think not allowing a runner to run (fairness to other women runners) but allowing a boxer to bash someone’s face in (fairness to her) seems a little inconsistent.

But, I also don’t like people saying she’s a bloke cos that’s not fair either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.