Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

No chance. Depending on how you define "athlete", I suppose. Would Lewis Hamilton be classed as one? Hmm. Ignoring him, though....

Redgrave
Pinsent
Hoy
Kenny
Cavendish
Ennis
Holmes
Thompson
Piggott (?)
Perry (8 grand slams compared to Murray's 3)

I'd rank all them above Murray. You can maybe argue about Ennis and Holmes, but I didn't want to be accused of being sexist by not including a lady or two. Don't get me wrong; Murray was a fantastic player, and was the one who ended that long barren run of a home winner at Wimbledon, going back to Wade. But my nod would go to Redgrave; gold medals at 5 consecutive Olympics. That trumps Murray. In my opinion anyway

Thompson out of all them.

Had to be excellent across 10 events, broke WRs and was unbeaten for years.

No chance. Depending on how you define "athlete", I suppose. Would Lewis Hamilton be classed as one? Hmm. Ignoring him, though....

Redgrave
Pinsent
Hoy
Kenny
Cavendish
Ennis
Holmes
Thompson
Piggott (?)

I'd rank all them above Murray. You can maybe argue about Ennis and Holmes, but I didn't want to be accused of being sexist by not including a lady or two. Don't get me wrong; Murray was a fantastic player, and was the one who ended that long barren run of a home winner at Wimbledon, going back to Wade. But my nod would go to Redgrave; gold medals at 5 consecutive Olympics. That trumps Murray. In my opinion anyway
Wiggins doesn't count anymore?

Trampolining is mad, I'd send myself dizzy doing what they do. They're like buses these gold medals.

Redgrave
Pinsent
Hoy
Kenny
Cavendish
Ennis
Holmes
Thompson
Piggott (?)

Yes Redgrave would always be right up there and no F1 and Jockey don’t make my Athlete cut

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.