Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Bradley Wiggins could be up there, although there have been question marks over him post-retirement. Tour de France winner and 4 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze in the Olympics. I personally think Chris Froome would be in the top 10. He wasn't the personality of Wiggins and stole his thunder to some degree so never got the plaudits he should have. Le Tour is one of the hardest sporting events in the world and he won it 4 times. He won La Vuelta twice and the Giro. He got two Olympic bronze medals on top of that. Mo Farah would be in that list as well. I'd have Kelly Holmes in there doubling up on 800m and 1500m which is insanely difficult. Ennis I wouldn't, it's a tough sport but she won it once.

Could do another thread with vote at the top but I don’t know how
Who’s the contenders for greatest British Athlete Ever
Daley-Thompson
Redgrave
Murray
Bobby Moore
Joe Calzaghe
Lennox Lewis
?

How did the dutch miss finish line but still won the skiff race it never really explained it
I've been trying to work it out as we have a girl leading the women's windsufing. I think it's a points system. The points used to get you into the medal race must be carried over. If that true then we have a great chance of gold as she's well in the lead.

That skiff finish was crazy as there are so many boats around the finish it's no surprise its hard to see where you are supposed to head.

The archers being announced for their gold medal match with an orchestral version of Gangsta’s Paradise playing in the background was unexpected!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.