Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Just catching up with the female boxer situation , i feel really sorry for her , must be really confusing to think you know your gender all your life but have some dna that is male , i hope she has known for a long time and has no issues with how she was brought up by her parents

Women's 800m
Keely Hodgkinson - Outright favourite for Gold, local girl, 5th fastest in history (might be the fastest legally).
Jemma Reekie - Should be looking to get silver behind Keely.
Phoebe Gill - 17 years old, ran 1:57 this year, one of the fastest in the world. A medal would probably be a long shot.

Men's 1500m
Josh Kerr - Current 1500m World Champion - He and Ingebritsen will be scrapping for Gold.

Men's 400m
Matt Hudson-Smith - Set the British record a couple of weeks ago, fastest in the world this year. Might be the favourite now.

Women's 1500m
Laura Muir - Outside chance of a medal, ran some fast times this year but the rest of the field has caught up. No chance of gold though.

Women's Pole Vault
Molly Caudery - A fan favourite one might say. I think she has the highest vault in the world this year, slightly inconsistent of late but could win no medal or could win gold.

Women's Heptathlon
Katarina Johnson-Thompson - Current world champion, this is the one she's missing.

Women's Sprints
Should pick up a relay medal.
Neita or Asher-Smith have an outside shot of a medal in the 100m, its the weakest it's been for a while bar 1 or 2 sprinters.

Off of the top of my head, I may have missed 1 or 2.
MCFC 1993 115, BBC nil

I

I don’t have SKY. I use an App on my Smart TV. Well I think that’s what they call it!
I’ve got these pretty little pictures with the names of streaming(?) programme things. Netflix, Amazon Prime, EETV, BBC iPlayer, Discovery+, Now, U and others plus one called Milkshake!! (There are 20 pretty pictures and at the side it says Apps!

As you may have noticed I’m not necessarily technical!! :-)
Thanks Eccles. I’m technologically shit and didn’t even realise I had discovery plus by having BT or tnt whatever it’s called. Been great today, so much better than bbc (not got much work done though!)

Thanks Eccles. I’m technologically shit and didn’t even realise I had discovery plus by having BT or tnt whatever it’s called. Been great today, so much better than bbc (not got much work done though!)
You also get access to their app, which you can download, and login with your TNT details and that gives you access to all events going on at all times.

I wouldn't have known but I was watching something on Drama Ch20) the week before the Olympics started and the message popped up across the screen to say about having it for the Olympics for free. I could have missed the message because it wasn't on for long. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.