Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Had high hopes for this Japan vs USA game but it’s been a snoozer. Only one team attacking really. Kind of like City Vs a mid table team playing a low block…
To be fair, Japan has looked the more likely to score this entire second half I have watched.

That is an embarrassing dive from Rodman, who otherwise has been one of the US’ better players.

Actually Japan have had the better chances but they have been sitting way deep. As a spectacle it’s been a bit shite.

The coverage of cycling is piss poor more like a tourist video for the sights of Paris
NBC’s coverage has had a lot of that here in the states, as well.

I wonder if it is the international feed being used, rather than the domestic broadcasters?

I saw yesterday something called 3x3 basketball. Two teams attacking the same hoop in a quarter sized court. WTF?
In its defence, that has become quite popular in the US (where it originated), Canada, Brazil, Spain, France, and several other countries, and is played and followed by far more people than many of the sports currently in the Olympics.

It’s a bit like 5-a-side, which I would personally love to see at the Olympics, as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.