Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

In its defence, that has become quite popular in the US (where it originated), Canada, Brazil, Spain, France, and several other countries, and is played and followed by far more people than many of the sports currently in the Olympics.

It’s a bit like 5-a-side, which I would personally love to see at the Olympics, as well.

I only want to see 5-a-side if it's done properly observing the correct rules. All teams have to field a player who has in the previous hour had a curry and at least a couple of pints despite being told the team would getting one after the game. That player must protest that they are fine and they fancy themselves to bag a few. That player must then proceed to play like dogshit and then in post match analysis express confusion about why they were off their game.

Format changed for this Olympics, presumably for excitement? You could argue make a mistake in the final and you lose out no matter how good you were in the heats same as other sports. But I always assumed the reason sailing stuff was conducted over a cumulative series was because unlike say sprinting, there are more environmental factors that the competitors can't control. So averaging things out over a number of races made it less a question of luck and more of skill. Perhaps any resident sailors can explain further.
What also seemed unfair was that her 2 rivals in the final today had raced the course twice already today before the final, so must have had a far better handle on the conditions, wind, current etc.Farcial

I only want to see 5-a-side if it's done properly observing the correct rules. All teams have to field a player who has in the previous hour had a curry and a couple of pints despite being told the team would getting one after the game.
And at least one player has to have been deputised from the crowd 30 minutes before the match is set to kickoff after a member of the team has just been done for ABH committed on the pub crawl the night before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.