Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Fuck sake wanted two golds in that canoe rigmarole. Again brilliant in heats and semi finals and not as good when it counts. Same at bmx at least they medalled.

The commentators knowledge is poor too. In the mixed triathlon this morning the gb girl was well ahead in the cycling and according to the commentators she was a miles better runner than the other 2 and they wouldn’t get close. Look how that turned out

To be fair she was in the 10k in Tokyo as an athlete and is a much better runner, but as a sprint format over a shorter distance and having medalled individually it was always going to be a bit more even. The commentators do my head in. Same in the kayaking then, Joe Clarke world number 1, the best in the final, renowned as a fast starter....gets an awful start!

Silver in the men's chaos kayaking.

Over to the Cycling and Keely for today's golds.

We need one big time. Feel like we've thrown some excellent opportunities away in the past couple of days. Reminds me of the GB of old. The female race was wide open, but Joe Clarke should have won his and we should have won the triathlon earlier with France crashing in the first leg. Need someone to break the duck as I'm sure in the camp the pressure increases a bit when other gold medal hopefuls crash out. It's huge pressure on Keely at the moment after the pole vault failures earlier and lots of silver and bronze elsewhere. I so hope she does it, she's looked superb so far but hopefully she can get her tactics right tonight.

A lot of people slagging the golfers but 5 or 6 hours a day for 4 days, with one gold medal to be won. Gymnastics has far too many gold medals available (and it’s soppy and boring as fuck, full of people who need a bacon butty)
A comparison with Gymnastics would be medals for, Longest Drive, Longest Putt, Most Birdies, Most Eagles, Most Albatross’, Best single round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.