Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Fayed is incredibly stupid, both for the first unnecessary yellow for abusing the ref for going to the video review screen, and for committing that foul a minute in to the first half of added time.

Absolute moron.

That's the thing with X/Twitter or whatever it's called. It gives every mouth breather, who has achieved the square root of fuck all in their lives the opportunity to have a pop at someone who has more talent in their little finger than they have in their whole body.

The world would be a better place without it.

Done and dusted now.

Egypt given a big helping hand and they were too stupid/ill-disciplined to do anything with the assistance.

Her sons Ian and David Brightwell had been playing for City for several years by 1994!
Exactly. I didn’t realise she was also a long jumper and Hurdler as well as 400 & 800m. Also hadn’t been aware that she broke the World record to win her gold medal. What an athletic family

6.24 by him, he's set it like 10 times now.

Knows what he's doing, you get money every time you break the record plus he has contract incentives, so just pushes it 1cm each time.
Does the money apply for breaking it at the Olympics? I’d assumed it was only Diamond League etc, so I’m surprised he didn’t save it for the Weltklasse and for Brussels later in the season if I’m brutally honest.
(Happy to stand corrected if that’s wrong)

Does the money apply for breaking it at the Olympics? I’d assumed it was only Diamond League etc, so I’m surprised he didn’t save it for the Weltklasse and for Brussels later in the season if I’m brutally honest.
(Happy to stand corrected if that’s wrong)
Ah I was going off of the Diamond League rules. Be surprised if there isn't some prize money for it. I would have thought Duplantis wouldn't have raised it otherwise, unless he has huge contract incentives for doing it at the Olympics.

Ah I was going off of the Diamond League rules. Be surprised if there isn't some prize money for it. I would have thought Duplantis wouldn't have raised it otherwise, unless he has huge contract incentives for doing it at the Olympics.
Maybe bud. I do know the Olympics was money-free until v recently, but I do think Seb Coe had announced that was changing for athletics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.