Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

GB Schedule
6th August

09:00 – Diving – Men’s 3m Springboard Preliminary – Jordan Houlden (GBR), Jack Laugher (GBR)
09:00 – Equestrian – Jumping Individual – FINAL – Ben Maher (GBR), Scott Brash (GBR), Harry Charles (GBR)
09:00 – Sport Climbing – Women’s Boulder & Lead, Semifinal Boulder – Erin McNeice (GBR), Molly Thompson-Smith (GBR)
09:05 – Athletics – Women’s 1500m – Round 1 – Laura Muir (GBR), Georgia Bell (GBR), Revee Walcott-Nolan (GBR)
10:20 – Athletics - Women’s 400m – Repechage Round – Victoria Ohuruogu (GBR)
11:03 – Sailing – Men’s Kite – Race 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 – Connor Bainbridge (GBR)
11:05 – Sailing – Mixed Multihull – Race 10, 11 & 12 – John Gimson & Anna Burnet (GBR)
11:15 – Sailing – Mixed Dinghy – Race 7, 8, 9 & 10 – Vita Heathcote & Chris Grube (GBR)
11:23 – Sailing – Women’s Kite – Race 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 – Eleanor Aldridge (GBR)
11:30 – Skateboarding – Women’s Park Prelims – Sky Brown (GBR), Lola Tambling (GBR)
14:00 – Diving – Women’s 10m Platform – FINAL – Andrea Spendolini Sirieix (GBR)
14:43 – Sailing – Men’s Dinghy – MEDAL RACE – Michael Beckett (GBR)
16:30 – Cycling Track – Women’s Team Pursuit – Qualifying – Elinor Barker, Josie Knight, Anna Morris & Jessica Roberts (GBR)
16:30 - Skateboarding – Women’s Park - FINAL – If Sky Brown (GBR) and/or Lola Tambling (GBR) qualify.
17:59 – Cycling Track – Men’s Team Sprint – First Round – Ed Lowe, Hamish Turnbull & Jack Carlin (GBR)
18:14 – Cycling Track – Men’s Team Pursuit – First Round – Ethan Hayter, Oliver Wood, Daniel Bigham & Ethan Vernon (GBR)
18:35 – Athletics - Men’s 400m – Semi-Final – Charles Dobson (GBR), Matthew Hudson-Smith (GBR)
18:55 – 19:10 – Cycling Track - Men’s Team Sprint – FINALS – If Ed Lowe, Hamish Turnbull & Jack Carlin (GBR) qualify.
19:07 – Athletics - Women’s 400m Hurdles – Semi-Final – Lina Nielsen (GBR), Jessie Knight (GBR)
19:15 – Athletics - Men’s Long Jump – FINAL – Jacob Fincham-Dukes (GBR)
19:50 – Athletics - Men’s 1500m – FINAL – Josh Kerr (GBR), Neil Gourley (GBR)
20:14 – Athletics – Women’s 3000m Steeplechase – FINAL – Elizabeth Bird (GBR)
20:40 – Athletics - Women’s 200m – FINAL – Dina Asher-Smith (GBR), Darrll Neita (GBR)
20:46 – Boxing – Men’s 71kg – Semifinal – Lewis Richardson (GBR) v Marco Verde Alvarez (MEX)

Athletics Schedule
09:05 – Women’s 1500m – Round 1
09:20 – Men’s Javelin – Qualification
09:50 – Men’s 110m Hurdles – Repechage Round
10:15 – Women’s Long Jump – Qualification
10:20 – Women’s 400m – Repechage Round
11:00 – Men’s 400m Hurdles – Repechage Round
11:30 – Men’s 200m – Repechage Round
18:35 – Men’s 400m – Semi-Final
18:57 – Women’s Hammer Throw – FINAL
19:07 – Women’s 400m Hurdles – Semi-Final
19:15 – Men’s Long Jump – FINAL
19:50 – Men’s 1500m – FINAL
20:40 – Women’s 200m - FINAL
Just want to thank you for this, living in Australia, unless it's got a yellow jersey on terrestrial TV here couldn't care less, with all their jingoistic bollocks.
Using your list, I can plan my streaming and watch a bit.
Much appreciated.

A Masterclass from Hodgkinson.
Keely duly won the 800m with a brilliant performance. She is a natural front runner and her opposition tried to upset her by crowding her from the gun.
She kept her cool and by the time they reached the bell, she was alone in front. They tried again off the last bend but Keely flicked the switch with her famous gear change and left them for dead. The time was not exceptional but the objective was the gold. That late burst shows what a great runner she is. There is no strain, she remains so smooth you can hardly tell she is sprinting.
She is still young and one wonders whether she will attempt the 1500-800 double by the time of the next Games.
Olympic champion, blonde, beautiful, she is a marketing man’s dream. She might make a bob or two.

Great night at the athletics. Keeley is just supreme, never looked in doubt other my only worry of her getting tripped. Even my kids got into that one and we were all screaming at the telly.

Love watching Duplantis as well. Never seen an event where one person is so far ahead of everyone there has ever been, yet when you watch it he makes it look so easy. He goes over 6m like its a walk in the park and no one else can even get over that.

Brilliant stuff and can't wait for tonights 1500m, that's going to be a classic i think.

Great night at the athletics. Keeley is just supreme, never looked in doubt other my only worry of her getting tripped. Even my kids got into that one and we were all screaming at the telly.

Love watching Duplantis as well. Never seen an event where one person is so far ahead of everyone there has ever been, yet when you watch it he makes it look so easy. He goes over 6m like its a walk in the park and no one else can even get over that.

Brilliant stuff and can't wait for tonights 1500m, that's going to be a classic i think.
Duplantis is amazing. He slides over the bar with brilliant timing. Just a marvel.
Keely, as you say, supreme.

A Masterclass from Hodgkinson.
Keely duly won the 800m with a brilliant performance. She is a natural front runner and her opposition tried to upset her by crowding her from the gun.
She kept her cool and by the time they reached the bell, she was alone in front. They tried again off the last bend but Keely flicked the switch with her famous gear change and left them for dead. The time was not exceptional but the objective was the gold. That late burst shows what a great runner she is. There is no strain, she remains so smooth you can hardly tell she is sprinting.
She is still young and one wonders whether she will attempt the 1500-800 double by the time of the next Games.
Olympic champion, blonde, beautiful, she is a marketing man’s dream. She might make a bob or two.
I agree with most of that but I personally don’t think it’s relevant what she looks like. I hope she focuses on her sport and getting better and better (and hopefully developing the stamina to double up) and ignored the media and marketing side of things (yes do the interviews, wear the products she gets paid to)

d4ca3c70-5374-11ef-b2d2-cdb23d5d7c5b.png.webp

Still loving that win from Keely, a shame Mu wasn't there so we got the big three going head to head, but incredible all the same.

Looking forward to the 1500m tonight. Lots of potential winners, depending how the race is run. Going out very fast is the only way Kerr doesn't win it in my opinion. The Kenyan silver medallist from Tokyo doesn't look in the same form but the American will prove a tough challenge as well.

I think they all know the pace has to be fast to keep Kerr out of it and hopefully the posturing they do at the front leads to them taking each other out and Kerr storming through. Going to be a cracker.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.