Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

If anyone knows you do - how many golds are available in track cycling? Winning 8 would seem a lot as there’s a lot of other strong teams? I know you said just maybe

Kenny said 8 gold medals from the 12 events and to medal in all 12.

She's predicted the following golds:

Team Pursuit (Men and Women)
Team Sprint (Women - done)
Madison (women)
Omnium (men)
Kierin (Men and Women)
Individual sprint (women)

Of those I would say it's very bold to predict golds in kierin, omnium and madison. So much can happen tactically and with crashes etc. I can see the women winning the team pursuit, kierin and individual sprint (Finucane in the latter two). I'd also probably still back them in the madison despite what I said. It's the men where I'm less certain. I think we'll medal in the team pursuit but won't win it. And Carlin is going to have to go some to win the kierin...but I hope he can. Omnium is carnage, and I don't think we'll medal.

Still loving that win from Keely, a shame Mu wasn't there so we got the big three going head to head, but incredible all the same.

Looking forward to the 1500m tonight. Lots of potential winners, depending how the race is won. Going out very fast is the only way Kerr doesn't win it in my opinion. The Kenyan silver medallist from Tokyo doesn't look in the same form but the American will prove a tough challenge as well.

I think they all know the pace has to be fast to keep Kerr out of it and hopefully the posturing they do at the front leads to them taking each other out and Kerr storming through. Going to be a cracker.
The other way around for me. A fast pace is Ingebrigtsen’s best chance and yes he has the times but imo it definitely doesn’t keep Kerr out of it. He looks in the shape of his life. I expect Jacob to jog the first 250m then hit the front and wind it up. However it will be eye balls out down the home straight. Kerr (just) for me possibly need a British record though but he’s in that kind of form.
Cheriot and Negusse will be there until 200m out. Can’t wait for this. Race of the Olympics.

The other way around for me. A fast pace is Ingebrigtsen’s best chance and yes he has the times but imo it definitely doesn’t keep Kerr out of it. He looks in the shape of his life. I expect Jacob to jog the first 250m then hit the front and wind it up. However it will be eye balls out down the home straight. Kerr (just) for me possibly need a British record though but he’s in that kind of form.
Cheriot and Negusse will be there until 200m out. Can’t wait for this. Race of the Olympics.

The hatred between them and the fact you do have others who could challenge make it a mouthwatering final. Shame Wightman has been injured and misses this as well. I think Negusse can certainly challenge if these two take each other out with their tactics and run too hard or too fast too soon. In terms of strategy I just meant in terms of PB's, Kerr's is still down on the other three at their best, but finals tend to be more of a tactical battle. I don't think Ingebrigtsen can run it any other way than go out and wind the pace up more and more and hope to take too much out of Kerr. Hopefully Josh has too much again though. Much like Keely yesterday, I think he's mentally 100% tuned in and focussed on what he needs to do to take the title and I think he knows he has Ingebrigtsen scared and beaten if he executes.

Will be an interesting podium if they both get on it! Will they invite the other to join them on the top step?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.