Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Maybe. I think 5k's and 10k's are less of a lottery.

800m and 1500m are as close to a lottery as you get and the best doesn't always win. Like they said 3 or 4 people could have won that race today.
He's such a one trick pony in the 1500, if there's no pacemakers, he becomes the peacemaker and everyone else knows what's happening in advance. I still think he'll win the 5k though.

That fell into the yanks hands that ! The Norway runner moved over to Kerrs lane and gave the yank a clear run.

Yeah it would be harsh to criticise Kerr. He did what it took to beat the main man, but the main man was too busy trying to force Kerr wide and left the door open which is pretty basic stuff. If it hadn't been a PB then criticise away but run a time like that you can't be unhappy if someone else pulls out a special performance and thrives on a mistake from someone else.

Not sure that would have helped to be honest, it would have stopped the yank on the inside but moving laterally would have cost him both forward momentum and the most direct route to the finish. I think if he had moved across the fast finishing American on the outside would have won.
Sorry I don't mean move over, I meant keeping his foot on the gas, not that he had much more to give but he spotted Hocker too late and didn't have time to react.

He's such a one trick pony in the 1500, if there's no pacemakers, he becomes the peacemaker and everyone else knows what's happening in advance. I still think he'll win the 5k though.
I think we all knew how that race was going to go. We watch him in the diamond league regularly enough to know that in the last few years he only thrives in pacemaker (lights or people) races.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.