Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I think we all knew how that race was going to go. We watch him in the diamond league regularly enough to know that in the last few years he only thrives in pacemaker (lights or people) races.
That's the last 3 championship races he's lost over 1500 front running. I'd love to see him tackle the 5k/10k double, think the 10k would be fascinating with him in it.

Sorry I don't mean move over, I meant keeping his foot on the gas, not that he had much more to give but he spotted Hocker too late and didn't have time to react.

I don't think he had any more to give, the sunglasses hide his pain! Hindsight is a wonderful thing, maybe looking to sprint past a little later to ensure Ingebrigtsen kept the inside blocked and forced the yank wide...but I think he gave it all he could. And I don't think the yank stops chasing even if he did give it all and then die over the line, so probably would have snatched it anyway. Fantastic race either way, and time for Kerr to go again.

Good race that, can't help but think the French girl should have kicked earlier to get near the medals, finishing like a train.

That's the last 3 championship races he's lost over 1500 front running. I'd love to see him tackle the 5k/10k double, think the 10k would be fascinating with him in it.

Whilst he is undoubtedly a bit of a twat, I do think he just has that Norwegian blunt approach to things like Haaland. If the question is stupid he calls it out. If he loses he says it's on him. Others take offence because it's not sporting to suggest you would have won, but he has that similar attitude to Haaland for me. And he was the gold medal winner in Tokyo to be fair to him!

Steeplechase is such an interesting race.

It really makes you wish they would bring back Cross Country Running to the Olympics.

Plenty of seasoned pros that would jump (literally) at the chance to compete for gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.