Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

To get anywhere near the 60 + medals bracket here is a guide to some of our top medal chances

Best Remaining Medal Chances for GB.

Today

Silver/Gold – Men’s Team Pursuit

Possible Silver – Women’s Team Pursuit.

Athletics

Matt Hudson-Smith

Katarina Johnson-Thompson

4x100 Relays – Both

Cycling

Emma Finucane – Keirin and Sprint

Taekwondo

Bradley Sinden

Weightlifting

Emily Campbell

Modern Pentathlon

Joe Chong and Kate French

There's quite a few more:
Diving men's and women's 3m Springboard - 2 medals possible. - Jack Laugher, Jordan Houlden, Grace Reid

Always a chance in the sailing races.

Sport Climbing - Men's Boulder and Lead - Toby Roberts

Probably get at least 2 or 3 more medals on top of Finucane in the cycling.

Wouldn't rule out a surprise 800m Men's or 4x400m medal.

I reckon 15 more medals at least, hopefully 6 of those gold.

There's quite a few more:
Diving men's and women's 3m Springboard - 2 medals possible. - Jack Laugher, Jordan Houlden, Grace Reid

Always a chance in the sailing races.

Sport Climbing - Men's Boulder and Lead - Toby Roberts

Probably get at least 2 or 3 more medals on top of Finucane in the cycling.

Wouldn't rule out a surprise 800m Men's or 4x400m medal.

I reckon 15 more medals at least, hopefully 6 of those gold.
Cheers for this -great news. I wasn’t aiming for a complete list just where I thought our best hopes lie. Anything to get us up to 60 medals :-)
Being a FOC I just worked out we have the worst Gold to Overall medal ratio of the Top Ten nations :-(.

Men's team pursuit coming up now, guaranteed silver, which is what I think we get. Australia looked a lot stronger in the heats.

Brilliant race.

Obviously a huge error on the last lap but I don't think we'd have won anyway, the lad did well to stay on his bike.

We were closer than anyone thought we would be.

Fucking Aussie cunts, having a cracker of a day today. Gutted we didn't get a tighter finish there, I'm sure the Aussies would have still won it but would have been close.

Cheers for this -great news. I wasn’t aiming for a complete list just where I thought our best hopes lie. Anything to get us up to 60 medals :-)
Being a FOC I just worked out we have the worst Gold to Overall medal ratio of the Top Ten nations :-(.

Although not ideal, I bet medal per population size we're doing well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.