Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

wimmin's 200m semi, commentator shouts: "...and as they emerge from the bend, cracks are beginning to appear!", to think they fucked Ballard off for his little slip about lippy and mascara!

Good run by Hudson-Smith, unlucky not to get the gold.

Slightly off track, why do Logan and the BBC team use those large, hand held mics ? Are they superior quality to the clip on or headset variety ?

Maybe not outright favourite but she'll be in a battle with Thiam for gold.

KJT's score that won the World's last year would be 2nd best this year (behidnd Thiam). If KJT has improved this season then she'll have a shout of being closer to Thiam.
I think Thiam is a big favourite? KJT often seems a bit flakey to me but good bet for a silver

Absolutely gutted for MHS.
I really hoped he could do it, but I honestly feared he wouldn’t be able to put together the perfect series of races needed to win an Olympic gold. Fine margins, but ultimately just fell short.

Maybe not outright favourite but she'll be in a battle with Thiam for gold.

KJT's score that won the World's last year would be 2nd best this year (behidnd Thiam). If KJT has improved this season then she'll have a shout of being closer to Thiam.
Yeah but she isn’t quite at that level from what I’ve seen of her this season. A few others coming through as well which will make it tough. Fingers crossed though she’s healthy and can stay fit as she’s a fabulous athlete when fully fit.

Slightly off track, why do Logan and the BBC team use those large, hand held mics ? Are they superior quality to the clip on or headset variety ?

They are outside so the noise of the crowd would be a big problem, even now with those big mics it's hard to hear them when the crowd is really noisy

It’s to do with picking up background noise I think, the hand held ones can be used omni directional etc so you don’t pick up the noise around you like a headset would.

I think Thiam is a big favourite? KJT often seems a bit flakey to me but good bet for a silver
Depends what KJT you get, one close to PB's has a chance but I've not seen her this season. Thiam has a good heptathlon score but has had injuries in the past 2 years. I think golds there to be had but needs big performances.

Absolutely gutted for MHS.
I really hoped he could do it, but I honestly feared he wouldn’t be able to put together the perfect series of races needed to win an Olympic gold. Fine margins, but ultimately just fell short.
I’d say he was pretty much perfect, just sadly someone on the day was faster. Really gutted for him as he comes across as a really nice guy and put himself through so much to get to this point. To run the 5th fastest time ever he couldn’t do much more and he hopefully is very proud.

Depends what KJT you get, one close to PB's has a chance but I've not seen her this season. Thiam has a good heptathlon score but has had injuries in the past 2 years. I think golds there to be had but needs big performances.
At least as she’s a scouser she’s got 2 chances of getting the gold medal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.