Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I’d say he was pretty much perfect, just sadly someone on the day was faster. Really gutted for him as he comes across as a really nice guy and put himself through so much to get to this point. To run the 5th fastest time ever he couldn’t do much more and he hopefully is very proud.
Yep, He really does seem to be a good guy & I am gutted for him.

Imagine @bumbleblue, @Eccles Blue, and @Kaz are all excited for the Greco-Roman wrestling finals coming up shortly.
Urgh no. Not me. I totally detest wrestling of any description. In fact boxing, judo, rugby, tae kwando(sp) anything that involves ‘fighting’ of any kind. :-) Sorry

Give me a good intelligent game of football any time. :-)

Absolutely gutted for MHS.
I really hoped he could do it, but I honestly feared he wouldn’t be able to put together the perfect series of races needed to win an Olympic gold. Fine margins, but ultimately just fell short.
Same. Just burned out at the final moment.

I was fortunate to be there at his race at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games a couple of years ago & although a huge favourite for gold, he sadly finished second that night too.
He gave an interview before the Paris games which really spell out what he went through & how he considered suicide. Link below (hope it works)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.