Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I know she’s a better runner than Thiam, and Thiem is much the better thrower, any idea who is the better long jumper?

Just checked PB’s. In the 3 events that KJT is better in she is better by 1%, 2% and 7%; in the 2 events that Thiam had better PB’s she is better by 17% and 29%. I appreciate that points aren’t proportional in each event but that suggests to me that if they both run close to PB’s then Thiam would be the clear winner?

It's hard to tell exactly where they were with KJT pulling out of the European Championships but KJT has gone from 13.66 to 13.40 in the hurdles and 1.83m to 1.92m in the high jump. Thiam has knocked 2 tenths off her hurdles but went 3cm lower in the high jump.

Their long jump is pretty even, but as others have said for KJT to win she is going to have to smash it in the shot put and javelin. Taking her throws from the world champs she'd get 1,475 points and Thiam got 1,783 from those disciplines in the European Champs. She needs to get much closer because although she's faster, she's maybe getting 200pts more in the 200m and 800m unless she finds some more pace from somewhere. I'd caveat as well that the 800m is the final event and if you need to run a PB for gold, you just might!

Watched a bit yesterday. Eurosport had a race on, then put on the discus, then the pole vault. Sometimes picture in picture.

BBC had the race, then fucked off back to the studio for a long chat.

Useless cunts.

For what it's worth, the French are doing that, too. I bet you anything you like the American and Chinese are, although I can't watch their telly, obviously. Probably the Italians, the Germans, the …
The world has become full of yakking, yakking, yakking “pundits”.

Watched a bit yesterday. Eurosport had a race on, then put on the discus, then the pole vault. Sometimes picture in picture.

BBC had the race, then fucked off back to the studio for a long chat.

Useless cunts.
Hardly any sport being shown by the BBC they just keep rolling out presenters and ex-sportspeople to chat endlessly in the studio. They also make videos about our medal hopes and play them ad infinitum.

I have taken the advise of several people on here and switched to Eurosport.

Last edited:
Hardly any sport being shown by the BBC they just keep rolling out presenters and ex-sportspeople to chat endlessly in the studio. They also make videos about our medal hopes and play them ad infinitum.

I have tken the advise of several people on here and switched to Eurosport.
It’s much better. If you have access to Discovery plus (which I think owns Eurosport) you can watch everything live

How the hell do you find out you’re good at pole vaulting, how do you even get into it?
Such an unusual sport. That Mondo bloke started jumping over a bar onto his couch as 5 year old and it progressed from there. His parents had to open up the garden gate so he could have a longer run up to the massive bar and mattress they had in their garden. Thats how the world champion got into. Like I say one of a few weird track and field sports out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.