Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I've not watched the NBA for about 5 or 6 years but players taking 5 and 6 steps uncalled is a common occurance.
Cheers. Might as well get rid of dribbling at that point given the size of the half court and the length of most players’ strides.

I don’t watch much basketball anymore—is travelling no longer a thing?
Haven’t got a clue, watched about 5 minutes of the women basketball this afternoon and was fed up of the bloke shouting the scorers name every time they scored, like a boxing announcer, so I turned it off. In all fairness though, I haven’t watched a full match probably since the days of Meadowlark Lemon and the Harlem Globetrotters circa 1973. I much prefer netball anyway and that’s played in the Commonwealth Games only.

Serbia on the verge of an upsetting the US..76-63 going into the 4th quarter

Haven’t got a clue, watched about 5 minutes of the women basketball this afternoon and was fed up of the bloke shouting the scorers name every time they scored, like a boxing announcer, so I turned it off. In all fairness though, I haven’t watched a full match probably since the days of Meadowlark Lemon and the Harlem Globetrotters circa 1973. I much prefer netball anyway and that’s played in the Commonwealth Games only.
I am just watching this US v Serbia game because it would be one of the biggest upsets in Olympics history if Serbia wins.

Currently up 13 points going in to the 4th quarter.

Yanks untouchable in these athletics, really sick of them winning it all but they are bloody good.

Ditto. But for one specific reason. Huge love-in going on in Paris in the stadium around the Americans. That's a good thing. Nothing to object to there. Same, by and large, in the British media.
But I've often noticed it's not really reciprocated. You try going over there and beating out one of their hot favourites for a gold in a prime event. You see whether they applaud you. Not just athletics, either. I don't give much of a monkey's about golf, but the behaviour of crowds at the Ryder cup is bordering on the scandalous, sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.