Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

To be fair - France is probably the 2nd most talented team right now. Almost their entire team has played/currently plays in the NBA, and they've had back-to-back #1 picks in the draft.

Yes, it's odd how France keeps churning out top players who play in the NBA. Basketball's pretty popular over here, but it comes a long, long way behind football in its drawing power. I dare say there are even parts of the country where rugby outranks it.
Tony Parker is of course one of France's sporting legends.

Re. Michael Johnson. In one Olympics (can't remember which, but it's a fair way back) GB beat the US in final of the the men's relay (either 100m or 400m, as I say, it's a long way back). Michael Johnson was in the BBC studio, and being very gentlemanly about it. They were really baiting him, really on the wind-up. He soldiered on stoically, and then he cracked, and pointed to the US's mountain of gold medals in the table. We all really laughed.
He's a gent, with nothing to prove.

Re. Michael Johnson. In one Olympics (can't remember which, but it's a fair way back) GB beat the US in final of the the men's relay (either 100m or 400m, as I say, it's a long way back). Michael Johnson was in the BBC studio, and being very gentlemanly about it. They were really baiting him, really on the wind-up. He soldiered on stoically, and then he cracked, and pointed to the US's mountain of gold medals in the table. We all really laughed.
He's a gent, with nothing to prove.
Probably the 4x100m at London.

The schedule tomorrow is a bit shit, the women's 4x400m heat's in the morning and the women's individual 400m final in the evening. Obviously nobody running the final is going to run in the relay heat's.

Yes, it's odd how France keeps churning out top players who play in the NBA. Basketball's pretty popular over here, but it comes a long, long way behind football in its drawing power. I dare say there are even parts of the country where rugby outranks it.
Tony Parker is of course one of France's sporting legends.
When you get to basketball height, football and rugby are non-starters! I’d venture most of these French giants were very tall 8 yr olds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.