Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I actually think that's one of the sports that deserves to be there.

It's a functional sport that in some parts of the world may be necessary.

Much like running, swimming, jumping, kayaking etc...

It's golf, tennis, football etc.. that I struggle with being there.
Skateboarding? Windsurfing? Breakdancing?

I actually think that's one of the sports that deserves to be there.

It's a functional sport that in some parts of the world may be necessary.

Much like running, swimming, jumping, kayaking etc...

It's golf, tennis, football etc.. that I struggle with being there.
Yeah, I tend to think only practical skill sport (i.e. you could regularly use it to better function either in normal life or in survival situations) should be in the Olympics.

But the IOC chase the money and a lot of the money is in the non-practical individual and team sports.

Skateboarding? Windsurfing? Breakdancing?

Windsurfing yes, its practical as well. The skateboarding has actually been excellent, I suppose as a mode of transport it's also practical (that's pushing it).

Can't comment on the breaking as I haven't watched any but it shouldnt be an olympic sport.

Yeah, I tend to think only practical skill sport (i.e. you could regularly use it to better function either in normal life or in survival situations) should be in the Olympics.

But the IOC chase the money and a lot of the money is in the non-practical individual and team sports.
The Olympic motto: Faster, Higher, Stonger, Deeper (Pockets)

Another gold for Netherlands. Probably the top cycling and rowing nation, certainly up there

Last edited:
France doing everything they can to get back in this but Spain is managing things pretty well.

I think BBC are obliged to talk about British athletes, I get that, but I think they take it too far, why not give us some good info on the best from other nations. Seems a bit over the top sometimes.
Yes, they should be talking about the great Spainish athletes more, for example. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.