Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Agreed, London 2012 they had to show everything, BBC had 15-20 different streams every day, obviously because it was over here, it should be mandated. How else will they inspire the next generation otherwise.
And let's face it, it's our tax money that's paying for it. When the IOC pay all of the athletes for competing, they should be free to sell the coverage to the highest bidder. As it is, almost all of the athletes are funded by their countries, which means from central taxation (or things like the lottery) or their sponsors. So we should get to watch it without it being behind a paywall.

Not much excitement about this Olympics, apart from the perpetual attendees that attend all these type of events I haven't heard too much about it.

And let's face it, it's our tax money that's paying for it. When the IOC pay all of the athletes for competing, they should be free to sell the coverage to the highest bidder. As it is, almost all of the athletes are funded by their countries, which means from central taxation (or things like the lottery) or their sponsors. So we should get to watch it without it being behind a paywall.
Bit of a stretch that.

Worth noting The BBC only have limited and delayed coverage. This is due to the TV deal with Discovery and The IOC.

Discovery will be showing everything but you need a subscription

Apparently Discovery+ is included with a Sky Sports subscription so worth checking that out if you have Sky.

Otherwise it's £6.99 for the month for Discovery+. I use it to watch the WEC (motor racing ) and I've always found the service works well.

You're saying that absolutely nothing on the Beeb will be actually "live"?
No. BBC will broadcast the main events and finals but they can only show around 250 hours live(About 6-7 hours a day. That includes BBC 1 and 2 and BBC iPlayer). Contrast that to discovery/discovery+ everything will be live(around 3200 hours)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.