Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

sterling was a mess but if he didnt pkay nothing guarantees we would have won. problem is we dont have a CF to score us 20+ goals a season. creating 100 chances per game without someone up front to finish them is useless

Spurs away and this game followed the same thing, they score out of nothing really, taking their minimal chances extremely well while we keep creating more and better chances even and just unable to score goals. A top striker certainly would help in this regard, turning some of these games into wins or at least into draws. I dont know why we didnt get a loan striker. Torres was trusted but as the big games came I think Pep wont use him much. Maybe back in centrally after the 2 weeks break, but given Foden/KDB back after injuries I assume thats less playing time for Torres after all.
Soton game was bit different as we managed no shot on target until 93rd minute, hopefully that was a one off game.

Pep should be just as harsh and aggro on players missing great chances when he goes mad at them for losing a pass in midfield or certain player not tracking back or not making a run to offer an option etc.

Its a completely different game if Sterling scores his header or Bernardo manages to score from 2 yards out right after. Problem is if same cancel happens vs Liverpool they might miss these again...

Agree. Width of the crossbar. Their shape and the discipline of the 8 behind the ball was impressive and they - and we - know they can counter attack. But we made them play that way because of our quality, though it looked like they relaxed a bit when Grealish went off and we lost a bit of balance. Not sure who I would have taken off, not so much that any of our front 5 were off the pace, more that they closed the space so effectively. Kev needs matches as it’s the only way he seems to get fit. Just glad the match is out of the way, just felt like a weird distraction with Sunday coming up. There’s no way Alexander-Arnold can defend like the PSG right back.
Their Right Back was easily their best player.

Rodri is the MOTM for me.

The rest of the team did well apart from the front 3.

& I wouldn't blame Sterling when Pep plays him as a striker.

Foden showed again that he is better LW than Grealish.
Grealish was tired mate. Hes played the most minutes this season after Dias and Cancelo

Disappointing result but performance was good.

There were spells in the game where they couldn’t get out of their half.

You can ignore all the OTT praise for PSG from tv pundits, they simply got numbers behind their ball and hoped for moments of individual brilliance (which they got)

If we put that performance in 10 times in Paris we’d win 7/8 of them.

Ederson had next to nothing to do all evening

Both managers will know who the better team was tonight.

For me , we are wasting pep's penultimate season without a striker

This was what I was banging on about all summer.

How can you waste a year without at least an option off the bench, could be a younf player or someone coming to the end of their career.

Kev and Gundo 31 next year, Pep 1 year left. Bernie maybe gone.

I would kill for Ings now as an option.

Beat Bruges twice and we're through.

There's no peril in Champions League groups so long as you get 4 points off the team who are likely to finish 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.