Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

If a game ever highlighted the need for a striker/focal point, this was it.
i thought we played really well and were the better team as a whole but just could not hit the net And to be honest we were worse as an attack when sterling went off.

Sat in my pub with an Irish Utd fan and even he said the refereeing in the first half was awful, especially on that corner when Laporte and Dias were rugby tackled. Thought we played well but just not clinical enough — however, Donuramma had an outstanding match and deserves a lot of credit — their best player, not so much for specific saves but for anticipating shots/crosses and cutting the ball out. I don’t think this is too much skin off our nose. Need to put Bruges back in their place 2x and get a point from the last two and we should be moving on.
We lets hope we beat bruges. Football can throw up silly results. One bad result now and we are in trouble. No room for error. We should still go through and if we do then tonight will mean little and it will probably help us.

I was a huge Grealish fan for a good while and delighted we bought him but while he’s playing fine, nice control, doesn’t give the ball away, he’s not actually doing much in terms of penetrating or creating, he just seems to run with the defender facing him up then pass back to Cancelo or whoever

I think it’s 2 things, 1, he’s new at a big club and he needs the confidence to not be scared to lose it and 2, he’s got fuck all to aim for in the middle when he gets there

we really need to go all out for Harland, he really will be the difference in just dominating the ball or burying teams
Grealish was our best forward even tho he got smashed all game with zero protection. The Ref must have found his significant other pleasuring themselves to a pic of Grealishes thighs before the game.

Thought it was a good performance, maybe we lacked that little bit extra needed for a game vs a big European team but feel if it was a knockout game with more riding on it we would of Put more into it.
Mahrez really disappointed & would prefer Sterling to be played on the right of the front 3 rather than through the middle.
Cancelo Rodri & Walker really playing well at the moment. All about Anfield now & confident we can deliver a performance & get a positive result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.