Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Well played City, went out there and deserved a point at least. Gutted Bernardo missed and would have changed everything.

I think despite what a few claim on here, PSG were actually quite good. If they get beat twice by us last season and then decide to play more within themselves against us just a few months later, can you blame them? The similarities with the chelsea game were quite striking, with us dominating the ball and chances, but PSG not only had 3 attacking players to play out to instead of 2, those 3 happen to be frighteningly good. Veratti excelled in pushing the play out to their fullbacks who really didnt have any problems against Greailsh and Mahrez. Marquinhos mopped up any high ball stuff.

All in all though we played pretty well even with some out of sorts stuff from de Bruyne, Sterling, Grealish and Mahrez. we were unfortunate not to get a point.

Grealish got stood up too easily, Sterling is getting a touch frustrating and de Bruyne is blowing. Back 4 and Rodri excelled again.

Dear oh dear oh dear.We aint had a big man to aim for all season and yet you`re trying to defend him.You must have been watching a different game to me and many other City fans in my local if you thought he played well.
And its about time KDB turned in a better than average performance ... or will you be defending him also.
What a melon.

You realise DeBruyne’s season is 1 week old? And if anyone at our club deserves time to find his fitness it’s DeBruyne.

As for Mahrez, I stand by what I said. He played well.

Every time we got anywhere near their final third PSG parked 5 across the 18yd box with a bank of 3 in front leaving 2 ambling about near the half way line. We perhaps could have sat back and played possession football and invite them on to us in order to create space in behind, but I suspect we'd have struggled somewhat given that we are so used to pressing and attacking. Plus it would have been such a boring game to watch.

Don't like losing but sometimes you just do but BT can fuck right off. There biased punditry wound me up more than the defeat.
We've had a good look at PSG now and we know we can do them. Although it will be tough.
Don't agree that we need a striker to win stuff this season. Just please don't play Mahrez and Sterling together especially in big games
The front three were all poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.