Paris - Where to go? Advice please.

GX Blue

Hello

I'm off to Paris at Easter.

I'm going to book the hotel this week but I dont know where in Paris is any good?

I want somewhere which is lively and touristy really.

Appreciate any advice of where to go, what to do.

Thanks.

If you go to the Louvre go to the metro entrance. It will be a lot less busy than the main entrance. Personally I prefer the Musee D'Orsay.
Sacre Coeur is a must. Everyone does the tower but the roof of the rectangular slab at La Defence has a great view of the city as well. Pompidou centre is a waste of time. If you like opera/classical music Opera Garnier is good.
If you have some French or can use the page translator on google then Groupon Paris has some deals to keep prices down.
https://www.groupon.fr/bon-plan/paris

Last edited:
Hello

I'm going to book the hotel this week but I dont know where in Paris is any good?

Thanks.

Anywhere near the Arc De Triomphe for accommodation restaurants bars /easy access to champs elysees and shopping and to the Louvre....... if too expensive (try Hotel Direct) the Rue St Honore again well placed for the sights boutiques bars etc.

Hello

Thanks.

Paris is a wonderful city without a doubt and there is something there for everyone.

If you are looking for somewhere romantic to stay , look no further than Montmartre.

Has a life and vibe of its own with stunning views of the whole of Paris.

A beer and a sandwich on the Place du Tertre (artists square) and take in the ambience is a must .

Like any world class city , it is not a place to do on the cheap really.

Enjoy !!

Bastille is a great place to stay have also stayed in port d'italie area south of the river. It was a bit rough around the edges but alot cheaper we had kids with us so not to sure about night life. Found gare du nord area bit of a dump. The metro is best way to get around. If going to mussee d'orsay go early as with aĺl extra security last time I went it took an age to get in. Hope this helps.
http://www.slowtrav.com/france/paris/td_arrondissements.htm

Also watch last week's travel man on channel 4 catch up had some decent tips

Cheers lads. Appreciate all the advice.
Will feed it all back to the Mrs tonight and see what she wants to do.
She just txt me the Latin Quarter(?) is something her mate at work has recommended. We want the hotel to be near a busy cafe/bar area then get the metro to sightseeing places.

I always stay in Bastille great area
If you have never been before try to take hand luggage as De Gaulle is shocking for getting your luggage
I have been in my hotel before mates have picked up luggage before now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.