Parking Fine - despite paying for parking

Asa's Heart

We park in a car park behind the athletics stadium. Been doing so for many years. I think its on Edwin Road. A fella called Lee manages it.

Over the past few years its almost doubled in price. We usually pay at the start of the season. We were informed at the end of last season that it was now being used for the Co-Op arena too and there would be limited spaces to pre-book for the season, the rest would be open but you would have to pay on a game by game basis online. It's £20.00 but the bastards also charge a £2.65 admin fee on top (don't get me started on that particular fucking issue)..... Paid for the last game and today received £100 parking fine with camera pics of my car entering and leaving. It's clearly all gone high tech and hence the prices being over £430.00 per season.

The car park is usually managed by a lad called Lee and he was there when we went in. I will obviously challenge this and have the email back after we paid online as proof, but I am fucked off in a big way. After using the same car park for over 20 years, being ripped off last season and it being increased again and then this...... I was just wondering if anyone else that uses that car park received a fine after paying for the last game, or was it just us?

As an aside, does anyone know any good car parks that side of the stadium. We travel over 50 miles to each game and need a reliable space, particularly for mid-week games where it can be tight on time getting there. Also need to get out quickly...

This is not legal advice but if it’s a PCN parking charge notice and it’s not from the police, or council it’s unenforceable. Just ignore it. I had one from a Retail Park. I ignored. They sent me loads of threatening letters saying they were taking me to court. It got up to over £600 they were trying to claim from me. I was prepared to go to court over it. Then the letters just stopped. Not heard anything about it for well over a year.

This is not legal advice but if it’s a PCN parking charge notice and it’s not from the police, or council it’s unenforceable. Just ignore it. I had one from a Retail Park. I ignored. They sent me loads of threatening letters saying they were taking me to court. It got up to over £600 they were trying to claim from me. I was prepared to go to court over it. Then the letters just stopped. Not heard anything about it for well over a year.
I’d also suggest to talk to them first before going down the route above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.