ParkingEye Fine

On a side note, i got a fine through the other day for going into a bus lane despite me needing to enter the bus lane to turn left into my property.
Yeah yeah that's what they all say, park in the middle of the road like everyone else you gobshite.

moneysavingexpert has lots of forum threads on this, helped me out when I got caught in tesco's over-staying my welcome. Clincher for me is that the penalty notice must be received by you within 14 days of the offence (I think 2 days is allowed for postage, so should be dated no later than 12 days after the offence)

I got one from Tesco's a few years back. Called in there at about 10am - was there 5 minutes and left. Later @3pm me and the Mrs went and did some shopping - there say 45mins - their parking enforcement company sent me a stroppy letter saying I was there 10am to 3.45pm and wanted to "fine" me. I e-mailed them back and copied Tesco in telling them that ( at that time ) their "fine" was unenforceable but more importantly they should check their exit footage from say 10.05 to 10.15 and they would see me leaving then check again at 3pm and they would see me returning. I pointed out that as they could see I was a regular there ( I wasn't - we were on holiday ) and that their actions had cost Tesco a long standing customer.

I got a begging " please don't leave me " letter from Tesco's apologising and a formal apology from the parking company who said they were cancelling the ticket as their exit cameras weren't working that day and it was an oversight on their part. I forwarded that to Tesco telling them they should get ALL tickets withdrawn as long as the exit camera was on the blink - in hindsight I regret not just forwarding it to the press.

Parking Eye are the worst, they are in cahoots with everybody because they bring in a lot of cash. They will prosecute and they'll most likely win.

On a side note, i got a fine through the other day for going into a bus lane despite me needing to enter the bus lane to turn left into my property.
I would appeal about the bus lane infringement. Check the TRO related to the bus lane you crossed. It's likely there is an exemption for crossing it to get to a driveway.
https://tro.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/

I know a fella who was fined for pulling into a bus lane to let an ambulance pass!
He should have appealed. TRO's will often have exemptions that allow you to go into a bus lane to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle, although normally it would be the emergency vehicle that uses the bus lane.

With no evidence we'd all try the pulled over for emergency services trick.

He should have appealed. TRO's will often have exemptions that allow you to go into a bus lane to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle, although normally it would be the emergency vehicle that uses the bus lane.
He did appeal. The ambulance was a mile up the road by the time the dithering twat got back in the normal lane!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.